MTNL Broadband Problem in configuring bridge mode on laptop ?!!

झुंजार

Shorei-ryu, Shugen-do...
ISP
MTNL
hi ppl......i connect to the net on my laptop....i have a smartax mt882 router, and while juggling between different versions of utorrent and various ports, i've exhausted the limit of rules (20), so now cant forward ports (i dont know how to refresh the limit, except by restoring the default factory settings of the router....if u know any other method, pls do tell !)now i tried to configure my connection for bridged mode, but alas, the wan miniport dialer gives error 769 ! i cant connect......is it something related to my laptop ? what i do is ----1) go to my router-page2) go to set up>>WAN set up>>existing connection (PPPoE)>>put on bridge mode>>apply3) go to tools>>system commands>>save all>>restart4) now i make a new connection from ctrl panel>>connect to internet>>...put in my username and password...5) then i disable my existing connection, and when i run the dialer, i get error 769 !pls help guys...if u need to see screenshots, tell me, i'll post them....but suggest something !

screen shots please...

u just had to use the IMG code provided by photobucket. 🙂 btw, imgur.com use that for sharing images here. it is pretty cool.

btw. what does झुंजार mean? i cannot seem to recollect the meaning of this word. 😀

its a marathi word, similar in meaning to the hindi word 'jujhaaru'....in marathi it means 'one who constantly strives, like a soldier'...n y isnt any1 replying to my query ? :redface:

@ cyberwiznah, didnt help ! am getting error 678...ie, the server u r trying to connect may be down....wth ?!i know desktops usually fire up on bridge mode aft all these tweaks, but dont know whr my laptop is stuck ?