MTNL Broadband: POrt forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter powerontop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 114
  • Views Views 35,262
hey guyz i want to do port forwarding for emule...so if any of u knows the procedure then please help..i opened advanced->virtual server from my router page..but there it asks for port end and port map..i dont hv ane idea wt to write there..if ane of u hv done it then plz tell me asap

First create static address (eg 192.168.1.2) in ur router's Virtual Server Page also enter ur comp's name

Now again in virtual server create a custom rule called emule and for port map, end everywhere enter the port emule uses (Port 4661) or whichever u want to use for ur emule.Always select TCP/UDP in that dropdown box .Ok these settings.
Add the custom rule to right pane in virtual server page

Apply the settings
Save & Reboot

Now apply the following settings For ur LAN card

IP Address 192.168.1.2 (Same as u entered for Router)
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

Preferred DNS Server 203.94.227.70
Alternate DNS Server 203.94.243.70

Click -> OK -> OK

Now the port u hav opened in Router must be same as in emule (In this case 4661)

Bingo 😀

Finally If u didnt understand and are a N00b go here :

Emule port forward

thanx snake i will try this...tc🙂

LOLzzzzzzz :wacko:

Why so much Fuzz being created for my name ??? :blink:

Finally Its "sanke1" and NOT any reptile

can aneone tell me what is 'port end' and 'port map'..???its there in the virtual server pg ....i tried port forwarding for emule...but no luck yet 🙁...

oyeee mera poora college aa gaya iss forum pe 😛 😛 sushubh i think i should start taking commission from u for the no. of members i bring on this board 😛 😛

hmmm...sahi kaha mystery...par mereko tum dono ki advice nahin chahiye..i want some intelligent to anser my query..sorry agar tujhe bura lag gaya to..waise meri port forwarding abhi bhi nahin hui hai..aur koi post bhi nahin kar raha hai.. 🙁

Suppose ur trying to open a single port 6789. Put 6789 in all three fields i.e port start, port end, port map. Incase of emule it uses two ports, one TCP and one UDP. Both need to be forwarded in ur router in order to get a 'High ID' when connecting to various ed2k server. Now suppose u decide u wanna use 6788 for TCP and 6789 for UDP packets. You will need to create two separate rules for it to work properly. Name the first as emuleTCP, choose TCP in the protocol field and put 6788 in the port start.....end....n map fields. Do the same for the UDP port. Just change the protocol to UDP. After applying both the rules go back to the virtual server page, click on user on the left and add the two rules u created to the applied list. Save & reboot.