MTNL Broadband: POrt forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter powerontop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 114
  • Views Views 35,269
the W/L router gives a Local Ip or a really different public IP?generally these routers assign different Local IPs to machinesso that they dont

I'm using D-Link DSL-502T ADSL router and I'm not able to open any port (port forward) in my modem. Whenever I click "Apply" after completing all the fields under the "Virtual Server" tab it doesn't take any action. The Ethernet light of my modem keeps blinking indefinitely after hitting the "Apply" button.Can anybody tell me where I'm going wrong?P.S.: I basically need to forward a port for the µTorrent application to run properly.

Hai,
Fist of all your adsl router must be in PPPoE mode, then after after making any rules, you have to add this rule from "Available rules" to "Applied Rules"...Then Apply....

For More Info, Download the userguide 'Static IP Configuration for D-Link Modem(PDF)" from Technical Details

http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/default.asp?model=DI-704P&TemplateId=21930

Click on Advanced at the bottom and then click Virtual Server.

Step : Enter the port or ports in the box under Service Ports, enter the IP of the computer you want to run your application from, and then check the box under Enable.

Step : Click Save and then click Reboot.

Because our routers use NAT (Network Address Translation), you can only open a specific port to one computer at a time. For example: If you have 2 web servers on your network, you cannot open port 80 to both computers. You will need to configure 1 of the web servers to use port 81. Now you can open port 80 to the first computer and then open port 81 to the other computer.

portforward.com select your router and program.

It's quite strange that I don't have the tab "LAN Clients" under "Advanced" Settings of my D-Link DSL-502T ADSL router as mentioned in both D-Link's site and MTNL's.

What to do in this case :huh:?

@jithesh.r: My router is in PPPoE mode.

Hi

I have taken a new iball adsl router in that can any please help me how to do port forwarding and it is an mtnl internet connection in it before i had D-Link router it was not working for long time so i have now chaged to i ball adsl2 router its model no is iB-LR6111A i will be thankfull if any 1 provide me some kind of help

Thank u

didu got any router in between the modem and ur PC

or

did u have any firewall or anti-virus running in ur system ?

No i do not have any router in between my modem and i do not have any firewall and antivirus in my systemi just want to no how can i do port forwarding in modem so my utorrent speed will increase like before i did port forwarding in my old modem of D-Link in this i ball modem it is full confusing

----------

try this site PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

but in this site there is no info about i ball modem iB-LR6111A :huh:

and on portforward site where can i find the settings for my router. its a wifi router type IV wigth 4 ethernet ports.. its HG520