MTNL Broadband: Port forwarding on MTNL MT882

• Thread starter Thread starter nitish0991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 10,863

nitish0991

ISP
MTNL
Hi mtnl broadband users,Got a new mtnl connection 256kbps unlimited.The problem that i am facing is that a hell lot of ports have been blocked on my ip or router or whatever you call it..bottom line is i wanna forward some ports to experience nice connectivity and speed on Utorrent LimeWire WoW installer.The router/modem i got from mtnl is MTNL MT 882.I logged on to 192.168.1.1 and went to advanced settings there and then went to port forwarding but it was really confusing and complex..I tried Portforward/ing.com but it was of no help cuz this modem aint listed there.The modem avaiable there is Huwaei Smart AX MT882 but the interface which they show ie of the router's ip address is different than mine.So i hope my problem is clear to you all.In short , tell me how to forward a couple of ports on mTNL mt882 router.Thanks in advance.Nitish.

Hi MTNL Broadband user,Try this step by step to resolve your problem.1) login to your modem2) go to advance3) click on "LAN Clients"4) Enter your IP Address of your computer5) Apply the settings6) Then go to port forwarding page7) you can see so many ports in that page.8) If you want to forward " web server" then select servers, chose as web server and forward the port. 9) click on apply10) go to tools menu11) select system commands12) click on save all to take changes permanently.still If there is any issue while configuring then post your commentsUsman.Md

Hi Usman. Actually I'm also facing a similar problem with the same modem for Port Forwarding (MT882). I am using Utorrrent and need to open up a port to allow incoming connections to connect with my pc. I did assign the LAN my ip address under advanced settings and then under port forwarding I selected all the servers and added them . Saved the config, but still the port forwarding does not seem to work. Please Help

dude, try this:Go to 192.168.1.1Type in your id and pass.Now, go to ADVANCED tab.Then LAN Clients, in this just enter your computer' ip address in the ENTER IP ADDRESS field and click apply.Now, go to PORT FORWARDING, in the CATEGORY, click on USER, now click on NEW.In the RULE NAME, enter the application name you want an open port for. e.g. utorrent, limewire, etc.In protocol, select TCP or UDP, in case of utorrent, TCP is applied, as in my case.Now in PORT START, END and PORT MAP, enter the same port which you want to open.Click APPLY. It will display your port.Now go to Port Forwarding, click on User, there you will see your recently opened port in the list by the name of your application.Just select it and click on ADD. Then click on Apply.Go to TOOLS, System Commands, and click on Save All, and then on Restart.DONE...:thumb:If you face any problem in doing this, post here.

if i don't hv a static ip then wat should i do ???? wat should i type in ip address column ?????? :huh:

i hope watever i do now wrks.............else i will come with probs one year later......lol

finally,i was successful in port forwarding......:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:.............thanxx once again amitwiz1.......:thumb::thumb: