MTNL Broadband Port Binding

• Thread starter Thread starter bwgadget
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 27,244
well u dont have to be networking guy to know that u can be traced, its common sense. But its strange if ur workin in networking security that u dont know there is no way around port binding, i am not doubting ur ability or anything just found it strange..

bt let me make myself clear dat wat i m doin is not at all illegal b'coz learning sumthin is not at all illegal..... so don't worry abt me!!![/b]

LOL :lol:

no worries man pls continue...

well its confimed now that port binding has been implemented in Delhi...the exchanges which have not been covered till now will be done shortly..

umm what exactly is done by port binding? can anyone explain and make a page on Wiki?

Yes cyberwiz i also confirm it personally ): !! Also how can you confirm it so surely ???

@Sushubh, port binding basically binds ur telephone line to ur broadband account..so ur username/password cannot be used anywhere else other than ur own line..so all those guys using their office account at home and vice-versa will not be able to do so in the near future..Port binding was there only in mumbai but now it has come to Delhi as well..@gavnit i can confirm it coz i got a call from the bras server room and the engineer who spoke to me confirmed that it has been done and any remaining exchanges will be covered soon..the same thing was confirmed by an engineer who visited my house..besides the problem i faced was also due to port bindingPS Gavnit be careful nobody can give a time-frame when it will be done in ur exchange but if ur using ur unlimited at that time when they implement it then u'll be stuck with a huge issue..

nothing that was a separate issue they had erroneously reduced the speed when they did port binding on my line

yup, they have implemented the port binding... today i got BB connection installed on my other MTNL phone also owing to free scheme (upto 31st March), and when i try to log in usin my other connection user n pass, no luck... i cann't even use other phone a/c in the same house....so all my wired phone are BB ready... ;-)

Those sarkari people wanna close every possible loop of free downloading. :angry:

Hi

MTNL Installations have default passwords, which must be changed.

How To Check ?
Type in your browser http://192.168.1.1 it will ask for password ..try admin and admin

If it works means you havent changed, Look at change password Link and change it,

If you dont do this , any one access your Router and gather critical information like Your Phone Number can reboot you can steal your bandwidth.

2ndly

At MTNL server,

Logon to http://register.mtnl.net.in with your Telephone Number and Password Given, and Go to Change Password link and change it. Atleast once after ADSL was installed.

If you ignore step two, you are still vulnerable. Without PORT binding your Account can be used any where, so be aware.

Hope PORT binding will be soon implemented.

Happy and Secure Surfing ...All the best

Its advisable to change ur username password..but even if somebody knows it he cant do much with it coz port binding has been implemented in delhi to prevent misuse of bandwidth

Well dude, I had to pay for 4 GB transfer some 6 months back and authorities blamed for unauthorized access and not switching on/off at 12 and 8am for NU plan.Good that Port binding happens in Mumbai too. How ever they couldnt do anything about switching on and off at Mid night and 8m , I had suggested them how to implement it but no takers. So good to keep safe ...than sorry

i think now theres enuff awareness created on mtnl's part regarding changing of password and rebootin router if on Night unlimited plan..I saw new triband installation @ my neighbor's place and mtnl engineer told him everythin frm changin password at both ends as well as gav info bout SNR margin and attenuation