MTNL Broadband: Please suggest me a good ISP for online gaming...

ISP
Triband 749NU@2MBPS
Hi All
So after getting agonizingly high pings and unstable connection i want to change from MTNL so can you help me get a good ISP for online gaming,please post your ISP performance regarding online gaming...

here are a few IP for a few call of duty 4 game servers i usually play on and last few months have seen a steady rise in the PING's on these expect the first one as it has just been set up this month

1.202.63.171.122-location..Bombay...avg Ping:60ms
2.58.27.200.114--location..Lahore....avg Ping:310ms
3.85.234.149.220-location..UK.....avg Ping:220ms

The thing is i am getting higher ping for the server in Pakistan than in the UK.just goes to show the poor routing:frown:I have tried open DNS but it made no difference.
So if you guys can post your results for these IP's here i will really appreciate it,also kindly mention your ISP and speed also

Thank You

Hi All
So after getting agonizingly high pings and unstable connection i want to change from MTNL so can you help me get a good ISP for online gaming,please post your ISP performance regarding online gaming...

here are a few IP for a few call of duty 4 game servers i usually play on and last few months have seen a steady rise in the PING's on these expect the first one as it has just been set up this month

1.202.63.171.122-location..Bombay...avg Ping:60ms
2.58.27.200.114--location..Lahore....avg Ping:310ms
3.85.234.149.220-location..UK.....avg Ping:220ms

The thing is i am getting higher ping for the server in Pakistan than in the UK.just goes to show the poor routing:frown:I have tried open DNS but it made no difference.
So if you guys can post your results for these IP's here i will really appreciate it,also kindly mention your ISP and speed also

Thank You

Go for MTNL buddy 🙂 unlimited

I think both Tata Indicom and Reliance have the lowest latency. Not sure though. 😱

Thanks for replys friends, @Flame--The thing is currently i am on a 2MBPS connection and i am getting pretty aweful PINGs,i am getting a ping of 270 on the server that you pinged for me so thats why i wanted to know how much PING times othere ISP's can provide because i have been having this reliability problem for months now:S @SRK006--hi,are you on Tata right now?if so then can you kindly ping the servers which i mentioned in my original post above and post the results here,i am really curious to know if TATA is the answer to my high ping issues

@bubuthemonkeyprince

Here are the screens of latency from my TI connection. I don't see any difference in these with your connection; MTNL seems to be better 😗

I don't think it's really a ISP specific thing. In my very limited understanding, I think the main connection to the internet is convoluted, and goes through 10 different places. So getting a ping below 250 or so AFAIK is not really possible in India. (Correct me if I am wrong).

@SRK006..thanks for that,it seems that no good ISP in Inda for gaming😢 @vebk..you are correct,the main reason as to why the PING times are so high and unstable in INdia is because of poor routing,what is the point in routing to a server which is loacted in Pakistan via the United States😡Latency does not depend on how fast the connection is as most games only send out very little data so even a 256KBPS connection is good for gaming but who is to explain to our ISP's about proper routing😡 I called up MTNL customer services to explain just this and they had no clue what i was taking about,they did not even know what a Ping is.:madness: I wish there was a special ISP in India or special services which could cater to the demands and needs of an online gamer but until that happens all i can do is :wall:

V-Street.net | COD4 Server - TDM
Server IP 202.63.160.44:28960

$$$ Singapore :
u.nity clan
Server IP 203.116.28.3:26960

-=[UO]=- Hardcore Tactical Server
Server IP 203.116.28.28:27960

Fragnetics COD4 Singapore!
Server IP 203.116.28.28:28960

SAMSUNG KOTH2 COD4 Server 1 // Powered by Fragnetics.com
Server IP 203.116.28.50:26960

### Malaysia

BVPN COD4 1.6
Server IP 202.71.97.81:28960

My CLAN's server
[XEF] Clan CoD4 Server
Server IP 202.71.97.81:28961

## Aussies

GameArena COD4 #15 [SAB]
Server IP 144.140.154.85:29060

yea all those servers are in my fav already🙂but what im unappy about is there is no server in INdia for public,there is a clan server but not public..i want to set up a public server but i only know of one company and they dont do cracked servers,and if the server is not cracked then not many will join as most have pirated copies so lets see🙂 PS i have original copy