š• (Twitter) Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter mayank1200
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3,488
  • Views Views 549,197
I have some of my tweets floating at amjanta too šŸ˜›

I have a query on twitter.If I have enabled "Protect my tweets" and I send a tweet to person XYZ, like this:"@XYZ: Hi how are you?"Will that person get my tweets?I am sending tweet to someone but I am not getting reply, so wanted know if that person is receiving the tweets or not.Also will that person be able to reply to me?

yes. they will be able to reply to you.by protecting your tweets, people on twitter would not be able to see your tweet unless they follow you & they won't be able to re-tweet your tweets!

Well I have sent 7 tweets to 3 different persons. Noone has replied!!

Also I read this here: https://support.twitter.com/articles/14016-about-public-and-protected-accounts

@replies you send to people who aren't following you will not be seen by those users (because you have not given them permission to see your Tweets)

I dont understand what it means!

But if this makes me unprotect my tweets, then I lose my privacy completely! Its like, just so that one user receives my tweet, I have to unprotect all my tweets!

i have not used protected accounts much so i am not exactly sure how they work.

if you send someone a message, they should be able to see it. if you want to keep your account private, i would suggest following the people you want to communicate with before sending them tweets.

a lot of people use twitter freely with protected accounts.

----------

errm. twitter statements states that they would have to be following you back. i guess that is correct. me bad.

Yes effectively I cant send msg to anyone unless they follow me. I doubt anyone wud want to follow me without knowing me. And without me contacting them, how wud they know me?

well at least on twitter you are free to create multiple IDs if you want to preserve your privacy if that is so important. and you can do that without breaking the terms and conditions of the service. it is good for anonymous support queries.

Yes effectively I cant send msg to anyone unless they follow me. I doubt anyone wud want to follow me without knowing me. And without me contacting them, how wud they know me?
This actually sounds pretty Naive...!!

well private accounts are used by people who want to communicate with their friends and family and not brands and random people. twitter has no requirement for you to use your real name or any form of identity. you can manage a totally anonymous account. and for private sharing of personal information with a brand from which you are trying to get some support, there is DM feature which is like personal messaging totally hidden from public view.