MTNL Broadband Not getting full speed on 2Mbps Unlimited, can someone help!!

• Thread starter Thread starter trivsingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,139

trivsingh

ISP
MTNL
Hi,

I am based in Mumbai and I just got a 2Mbps unlimited triband connection and I am not getting the full 2 Mbps speed. Here are my speedtest.net and Line/SNR results :

https://www.speedtest.net

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 21.5 31.0 db
Line Attenuation 35.5 21.5 db
Data Rate 2048 256 kbps

Are these figures comparable iwith others and if not, then to whom should I complain to regarding this.....I dont think dialling 1504 is much help

bye, thanks

On an average, my friends get speeds of about 1.7 mbps (effectively 200 KB/sec, + and - 10), on good torrents. Your SNR margi is decent (Below 10 is bad, 10 to 20 is ok, 20 to 30 is great and above 30 is excellent). . Your line attenuation is also fine as is your data rate.
I feel all is well.
If you have doubts, email them at register@mtnl.net.in, and you are sure to get a reply in a day with explanation. I am also soon changing to MTNL.

Hi,

I am based in Mumbai and I just got a 2Mbps unlimited triband connection and I am not getting the full 2 Mbps speed. Here are my speedtest.net and Line/SNR results :

https://www.speedtest.net

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 21.5 31.0 db
Line Attenuation 35.5 21.5 db
Data Rate 2048 256 kbps

Are these figures comparable iwith others and if not, then to whom should I complain to regarding this.....I dont think dialling 1504 is much help

bye, thanks

you have right to complaint as you are getting

First your SNR attenuation is not perfect
Compare with these (thnx meetdilip inverted)

And in 2 mbps connection you will get

2 mege bit = 2000 kilobit = 2000/8 kilobyte = 250 kBps

2 mega bit is not equal to 2000 kilobit rather it is equal to 2048 kilo bit and it is equal to 256KB,lol

You do know that you have bumped an ancient thread, right? 😀

Plus the guy who started this thread and posted the complaint hasn't visited this forum since Nov 2009.
Shockingly, even after your post others have kept adding to the thread. 🙂