MTNL Broadband: No IP address for VOIP adaptor

• Thread starter Thread starter vikasa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,261

vikasa

ISP
MTNL
MTNL ADSL serviceSterlite SAM300 ADSL modem+routerGrandstream HT286 VOIP ATAWindows XPSAM300 WAN port => wall jackPC RJ45 => SAM300 LAN portVOIP ATA => another SAM300 LAN portThe PC can connect to the Internet, it gets a 192.168.1.2 addressBut the ATA just doesn't get a IP from the router. I went to 192.168.1.1 and saw the DHCP was enabled (pool of 32) but the pool summary button just showed the PC (.1.2)The VOIP ATA is set to get dynamic IP, it worked fine when I sent it over from here. It is all setup to connect to a SIP server, all it needs is a IP address and Internet connectvity.How can I troubleshoot this? Why is the router not handing out a IP address to the ATA?Thanks

are you connected in pppoe mode or you use a dialer?

http://www.grandstream.com/user_manuals/HandyTone.pdf see pages 14 and 15.
voice commands available.

User manual GRANDSTREAM HT286 - User guide GRANDSTREAM HT286 - English - Diplodocs

http://3ngnetworks.com/pages/config_ht286
Get Started:
Self Install via Phone Prompts

1.) Confirm that the power is plugged into the adapter and delivering power.

2.) Connect a standard analog phone into Phone Port 1

3.) Choose IP Settings:

* Select voice menu option 01 to enable HT286 to use DHCP.
* Select voice menu option 01 to enable HT286 to use STATIC IP mode, then use option 02, 03, 04, 05 to set up IP address, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS server respectively.

4.) Select voice menu option 13 to configure the IP address of the firmware server: 207.235.124.80

5.) Select voice menu option 14 to configure the IP address of the configuration server: 207.235.124.80

6.) Select voice menu option 15 to choose firmware and configuration upgrade protocol. Choose TFTP.

7.) Select voice menu option 17 to choose firmware upgrade mode. Set to option 1 for always check.

Note: Please do NOT interrupt the TFTP upgrade process (especially the power supply)as this will damage the device. Depending on the local network, this process can take up to 15 or 20 minutes..........

I have the user manual for the ATA, thanks. As I said, it was working fine when I sent it over from here to Mumbai. I don't know why the Sterlite router's DHCP is not handing it an IP address. It does assign 192.168.1.2 to the PC, the ATA is just plugged into the next RJ45 port, that should work too. I will try dialing *** on the phone to see what diagnostic codes the ATA reports.Anyone have a similar experience with this router?

May be you have to disable DHCP in router and allot IP to computer.Then do settings. etc.

yes i also face similar prob when ata is connected to sterlite modemi have now connected it to my D-Link modem it is wrking absolutely fne.......

Gaurav - I am not sure I understand. MTNL gave me a Sterlite modem which is a ADSL modem + network router combo. Did you ask them to replace it with a D-Link modem? What did they say the problem was?

no i already had D-Link modem at my place,i just connected it and it gets configured in less than 1 minute,but it sterlite,it takes more than 2 minutes for the ata to configure