MTNL Broadband New Plan Not Activated Problems

• Thread starter Thread starter Aggy_Boy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 9,273
Not doubled yet 🙁.Sad.I'm gonna troll their helplines now 🙂.

EDIT:Called twice,both guys said it should happen by today.The wait continues....

EDIT 2: Lol even more wierd stuff,I just took a speedtest at delhi and im getting wierd speed boosts.

when I test at mumbai and chennai servers,I get a higher ping (mumbai 109 ping !,and chennai 100,and delhi 80 ping wtf) and normal download speed.Wtf is with mtnl 🙁.

guys said it should happen by today

That was a scripted answer dude. They just quoted their ads released earlier, stating that it would be done by 31st August. What else could they say? Would they say the same from tomorrow?

No other solution besides waiting (hope not endlessly) 😀

Lol dude it wasn't a recorded reply XD.It was told by a real person who also called me 'sir' and stuff and listened to my shit 🙂.

not doubled yet 🙁 , just hope that it happens by eod today...request anyone who gets his speeds double to please inform ..

Well I'll be the happiest guy if they double my speed,I will start hosting a 24X7 Counter Strike server 🙂.EDIT: Any idea why I get 109 ping at mumbai server and 80 at the delhi one? lol

Lol dude it wasn't a recorded reply

Obviously I never thought it was an IVR dude. Thats what they have been telling every customer (without knowing the real-time situation within their own departments).

funny thing no one here was getting upto 2 mbps speeds on 999 monthly planI know on paper it ought to be giving 256 kbps but since I've switched to this plan which was @ 6 months ago I was steadily getting 2 mbps and so were other ppl in my area Although this double speed thing turned it sour as since last week we are limited to 512.....no more 2 mbps 🙁

Seems they are quick to reduce speeds..but equally slow on increasing it.Tomorrow the MTNL Call Centre is gonna be haunted by me :hysterical:...even though I know they will be slow in resolving the speed issue

Hey guys...little offtrack... I just got the modem from mtnl. I have not activated it on their website.My question is that today is 31st August...How is the mtnl billing done? Will I be charged for the full August if I activate today?I am on 999 512 unlimited plan.Should I wait till tommorow?

Hey guys...
little offtrack...
I just got the modem from mtnl. I have not activated it on their website.
My question is that today is 31st August...
How is the mtnl billing done? Will I be charged for the full August if I activate today?
I am on 999 512 unlimited plan.
Should I wait till tommorow?

no you'll only be charged for one day and that too if your connection is activated on 31st
chk the bill cuz they sometimes charge full month's rate 'by mistake' !!

Haven't updated speed yet...Argh.Gonna annoy them for sure today,As I bunked school today and I have all of the time of the world to eat their brains muhahaha :irock::iplay:

no you'll only be charged for one day and that too if your connection is activated on 31st
chk the bill cuz they sometimes charge full month's rate 'by mistake' !!

For a safer side I did not activate it yesterday.

I had connected the router but did not put username and the CA number in router. Hence it means I have not activated it ?

hmm not really. It depends whether or not they have activated it cuz they assign some port from their place b4 u can use net (dont get confused with port opening from router)just becuz u didnt connect that doesnt mean its not activated but anyhow u'll only b charged for watever no. of days passed since activation and not for a full month

Ok here goes..after I logged a call on 198, the Call Centre responded to my complaint of speeds not doubled. In the previous two attempts, both the people who called me disconnected the call abruptly. The third time after me complaining that I was disconnected twice - this is the reply I was given:"If you got any other complaint we will help you. Let me give you the Prabhadevi No"...Wtf??! I just disconnected the call coz I know no one would ever answer the call at Prabhadevi nos. So much for their secure jobs..they care a damn about customers. For them the motto is "Customer nahi hai toh sahi hai".MTNL is disgusting!