MTNL Broadband: New Connection user Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter y2s
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 15,384
I got a new mtnl connection yesterday, wiring guy came today to check and told me wiring will be done on monday, do they do proper concealed wiring like airtel?

Great. Just got a 1mb connection installed only to find out that they limited the modem to 576 downstream. SIGH.... MTNL F***s up on the first go. Nice.Well will hang on for a month and then decide. Although I am getting a feeling that airtel will stay and MTNL will be disconnected again.

Thats how mtnl limits the speed, if you are on 512 k plan then your downstream will be around 512 k, if on 1 mbps then downstream will be around 1 mbps not like airtel where everyone gets 2.5 mbps downstream,maybe they gave you Rs 599 plan by mistake.

Suddenly My line rate has dropped to 598kbpswill this self correct or do I need to call up MTNL???I dont want my 2.5mbps to go.I think there is some issue at MTNL

I love MTNL.Got net connected in 2days after applicationGetting 1:2 Ratio i.e. 200-210 Kbps Download speed on 320 Kbps Plan.Technical support is nice.

mtnl corrected my speed to 1mbit.... nooooooooooooo

they corrected my speed from 2mbps to 320 in just 3 days .. i thought it will stay atleast 15-20 days but well i was not so lucky.

LOL, I had 2.5mbits down and 1mbit up for 1 month exactly then my speed fell to 512/128 and now its on 1100/300. I guess its only fair. They seriously need affordable 2mbps and 5mbps plans like Delhi

I have been using MTNL for the last few months after using Tata Indicom for several years. So far I am fairly happy and it's been a far better experience than TI. Activating my Tata Indicom connection was a nightmare taking weeks and repeated phone calls. My MTNL connection was activated within days without any fuss. MTNL has also been far more reliable than Tata Indicom when it comes to downtime.

i'am a new MTNL user in Delhi. First 2 days it worked fine and after that i have been waiting for 10 days for it to be fixed.Nothing has happened.

MTNL no doubt provides provides very good consistent service atleast in my area( Borivali,Mumbai).But i have seen that in some areas it provides hopeless services due to which they had to migrate to other local ISP like cable net...But MTNLs negligence has proved as advantage for some and disadvantage for others.Disadvantages is bad speed, PPPOE goes off on its own etc..... But it happens for very few usersAdvantage in that some people are getting very high speeds at cheaper plans...Like one of my friends is getting download speeds of 550 KBps on the 495 unlimited combo plan.I had clearly seen his routers page showing dwspeed of around 6Mbps..