MTNL Broadband Mumbai Night Unlimited now from 10PM

• Thread starter Thread starter nikeel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 15,859
@26thjune: Did your mail reach them finally?
Yes ... but no reply from them .. and even today (technically yesterday) I was counted after 10 PM :wall:

^It took 2 days for the MTNL people to call me back after receiving the email. So just hope you get a call before the end of this month so that everything will be fine before the bill of this month gets printed.

@ronello & t3chg33k: Are your stats getting updated after 10PM properly?

Mine isn't getting updated properly since 26th Nov. I'm a bit worried now cuz I've already crossed 1280MB because of the downloads getting counted between 10PM and 12AM.

@ronello & t3chg33k: Are your stats getting updated after 10PM properly?

Mine isn't getting updated properly since 26th Nov. I'm a bit worried now cuz I've already crossed 1280MB because of the downloads getting counted between 10PM and 12AM.

Same here, no resets since the 26th. The maximum time they have taken till now is around 3 days, so I guess there is still time enough to hope they will reset before the end of this month.

I think they are updating usage stats for two days at a time. but on Fridays they wait till the weekend is over. So on Monday it should be done.

^That means they do it manually. What a pathetic condition we are living in 🙁!Anyway lets hope they correct it tomorrow.

Going by the manner in which the logs are reset for usage after 10 pm..from the 9th of NOV...its pretty much clear that it is being manually reset.In such a case we are at the mercy of the system administrator handling the alcatel server ( for @a user). If he misses for even one day..we'll be running pillar to post trying to convince babu's that we have been billed for excess usage that too not at our fault. I am pretty much sure they will try to blame the user by replying" maybe you forgot to restart the modem after 10 pm .how can we believe u?"I suggest we wait and watch..till the end of this month.Maybe they might auto refresh logs after 10pm from the 1st of dec..coz the plan was made on the middle of NOV..hence they are manually refreshing logs..so as to not disturb logs from 1st to 9th NOV..coz at that time this plan change was not implementedWho knows just a thought...

^Agreed. But this is a very bad apathetic attitude of MTNL.You see, the stats are properly getting accounted for non @a users. Why is this discrimination against @a users then?

Update: They have deducted the downloads between 10PM to 12AM after 26th Nov today. Got back 200MB :iplay:.

So this proves our hunch that the resetting operation is still manual.

Hello frnds,I have recently change my plan from 512 unlimited to 849 NU from Dec 1.Can u tell me how many days will it take for mtnl ppl to update my speed.currently I am getting speed on only 512 kbps.but it need to be updated to 2mbps.

I applied for NU 849 yesterday. And today i saw it in service.They changed it today. That was really fast😀. Did u got second call from them to confirm the change???

Maybe they might auto refresh logs after 10pm from the 1st of dec..coz the plan was made on the middle of NOV..hence they are manually refreshing logs..so as to not disturb logs from 1st to 9th NOV..coz at that time this plan change was not implemented

Who knows just a thought...

Guess we were thinking a bit too much. New month, same story.

yeah...emails won't help either..phone calls will fall on. deaf ears..MTNL Officials may say:"Do we have a valid reason.for a complaint..its not that the logs are not getting refreshed after 10..its just that its updating after a few days."If this is the case I suggest we take it in writing from the DGM of your respective exchange stating should they fail to update logs ..which as we all know is manually done..say the person updating takes a leave..or for some reason he may forget..which is more likely..we simply won't pay a single penny...MTNL alone is responsible for the bill amount.I know it sounds too much to ask for..but its about time they get their act together .I remember there was a similar issue during the nascent stages of the alcatel server..took them months to solve...this seems more severe.Why the heck should we take the burden of keeping a constant vigil on the logs..and if they falter..we have to take the trouble of running around the mtnl office dodging..lame officials. 😡😡

I applied for NU 849 yesterday. And today i saw it in service.They changed it today. That was really fast😀. Did u got second call from them to confirm the change???

My plan has been change to 849 NU....that all thing is fine..... but my speed is still not updated from 512 Kbps to 2mbps.

Guys I want to know are MTNL clocks 5 to 10 mins. ahead ?? Today i switch off modem at 7.55 am. When i saw in logs at 10 am, it showed i closed at 8.03 am ( 6.30am to 8.03 am) 40 MB in that session. :wall::madness:. Can anybody explain me what happen???