MTNL Broadband Mumbai Night Unlimited now from 10PM

• Thread starter Thread starter nikeel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 15,847
Yesterday's usage is yet to be reset so I am no sure about the software bug thing. It seems that they had manually reset the earlier usage, which they might do in the future as well, but certainly it doesn't seem to have been automated as yet. Another thing to consider is that they have only reset the data usage for connections starting after 10pm, so in cases where I have started a session before 10pm and continued using it past 10pm, I have still been billed for the total volume for that session. Hope MTNL sorts it out soon enough.

Well I checked my usage history for any entries starting before 10PM and continuing after 10PM and found only one.
Even though a new session was not created after 10PM as done after 12AM for @a users, surprisingly, the entire session's usage was not counted.

Do check your entries again tomorrow which started before 10PM and continued after it.

That's certainly curious. I have been billed every time for sessions starting before 10pm and continuing after it since November 9. Dunno what MTNL is up to now.

It seems that the process of resetting accounted downloads after 10PM is not yet foolproof (or in worst case maybe its manually done :ishock:?).Also we can't directly complain this thing to MTNL as they have clearly mentioned that NU users need to switch off and switch on their modem before and after NU period 🙁.

if they have good sql experts, it shud not be tough to do it.skeleton query wud be somewhat this:update QUOTATABLE set ACCOUNTEDMB = 0 where PLAN='849NU' and accesstime > '10PM'

Their inboxes must be full that's why your email bounced. I had sent it to ED, CC to DGM (Broadband) and GM (Broadband) and all of the 3 mails were delivered.

Just to confirm did you mail to any of these 3 persons?
dgmbbmbi@mtnl.net.in DGM (Broadband)
gmbbmbi@mtnl.net.in GM (Broadband)
edmbi@mtnl.net.in ED, MTNL

Try again tomorrow and see if your mail gets delivered.

The email id here is not correct . . My mail is returned 😢 And I am still counted after 10 PM :wall:

What is the message in the mailer daemon you received?
For phone numbers
Mumbai MTNL : At a Glance

For details & email-ids look at the bottom of this page

Mumbai MTNL : At a Glance

there is always a chance that they have changed/deleted the email-id's they have on their site after being flooded with complaints 😡 :ishock:

Their inboxes must be full that's why your email bounced. I had sent it to ED, CC to DGM (Broadband) and GM (Broadband) and all of the 3 mails were delivered.

Just to confirm did you mail to any of these 3 persons?
dgmbbmbi@mtnl.net.in DGM (Broadband)
gmbbmbi@mtnl.net.in GM (Broadband)
edmbi@mtnl.net.in ED, MTNL

Try again tomorrow and see if your mail gets delivered.
Thanks Zeo 😀

----------

What is the message in the mailer daemon you received?

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: dgmadr@ims-ms-daemon
Original address: dgmadr@mtnl.net.in
Reason: Over quota

Thanks Zeo 😀

----------

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: dgmadr@ims-ms-daemon
Original address: dgmadr@mtnl.net.in
Reason: Over quota

Hmmm. That means the email-id's are correct but they have not accessed their mail for some time, & hence their mail boxes are full, I usually avoid sending them emails on weekends 😗

this is so freaking disappointment considering this is 2009.emails should not bounce because of over-quota. especially for companies like MTNL which is freaking owned by the indian government.

^MTNL still gives 4MB email quota to its users. I guess it won't be much bigger than that for its employees!