• Thread starter Thread starter nikeel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5,324

nikeel

Techans
ISP
MTNL Triband 384kbps UL
I read somewhere on these forums that MTNL locks its Triband service to the MAC address of the modem/router. Is this true?Does it mean that if I remove the MTNL modem & put my own, I won't be able to access triband? Anyone who has changed MTNL's modem to their own can throw some light on this?

I dont think mtnl does these things.Only sify has these problems

I have changed my router once and I did not face any problem.MTNL binds your ADSL account with your telephone number and not your router's MAC ID.

who cares whenever u get router changed just phone them and say u cann't access netThey will bang there head and ultimately reset the Mac😛leasehelp:

If you check the \"Check Triband Account details\" at 1504 Booking you find a MAC ID mentioned there in your account. Hence I am worried.

I tried that link,, what should I put as user name and paddword. My tel number and ca number not working. I am not able to change password from ca number on register.mtnl.net.in

Don't put anything in the username or password in the popup. The page will still load. Then once the page loads, on the right hand frame you can select a few options and simply enter your phone number as username.

if someone knows my tel number and my password can he use my connection from his number?

^No he can't. He has to use your telephone line only to use your account.