MTNL Broadband: Internet getting disconnected for 1 minute every few hours?

• Thread starter Thread starter nevillek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 169
  • Views Views 32,935
this problem is for all mumbai users.I am now seriously thinking of tikona...mtnl is getting bad to worst each daysaturday and sunday mtnl is at its peak of bad speeds... call centers say they cannot do anything as its saturday sunday...any suggestions to alternatives like tikona?they have 799 plan with 2mbps upto 8GB per month and reduced speed of 512kbps there after..

Hi,You can go for Rs799 Unlimited plan that has 750Kbps as they dont have a FUP. Regards

i m thinking of tikona with 499 plan with circuit breake of 999 + tax with 2 mbpsis there any fair usage with them?

Popcorn, the plan mentioned has 5 gb free for Rs 499 after that Rs 0.1 per Mb, also guaranteed Rs1000/- no worry on Hugh bills

thanks karana... that means i will download say 40GB and my bill wont cross 999+ST right?If you in mumbai and have tikona, I have some questions more if you can help...Is there any stupid fair usage condition or any extra maintainance charges?How are the speeds & customer care?I currently do not receive any wifi signal on my laptop. That means that they will install a nano receiving station on our terrace?. if that is the case... can i switch off the nano station if i am not using internet? I heard that Tikona after installation , uses our terrace nanostations to further redistrubute the internet to other nearby area ? does that nano station purely belong to me until i am their subscriber? I do not wish to pump in electricity for the nano station so that tikona further distributes it...guys need the answers if you can help !!

thanks karana... that means i will download say 40GB and my bill wont cross 999+ST right?
Wrong. You will be limited to 10GB on that plan as it is a circuit breaker plan. In other words, you get 5 GB on your plan @ 499 and pay upto another 500 at 0.1 per MB till you hit the ceiling of another 5 GB.

hmmm so its hidden... also its something related to 1.5 contention ratio.... its clever... so after 10GB your internet stops?

thanks karana... that means i will download say 40GB and my bill wont cross 999+ST right?
If you in mumbai and have tikona, I have some questions more if you can help...

Is there any stupid fair usage condition or any extra maintainance charges?
How are the speeds & customer care?
I currently do not receive any wifi signal on my laptop. That means that they will install a nano receiving station on our terrace?. if that is the case... can i switch off the nano station if i am not using internet?

I heard that Tikona after installation , uses our terrace nanostations to further redistrubute the internet to other nearby area ? does that nano station purely belong to me until i am their subscriber? I do not wish to pump in electricity for the nano station so that tikona further distributes it...

guys need the answers if you can help !!

I am in Mumbai , Andheri used Tikona for 1 year exact. Shifted to MTNL 2 Mbps unlimited.

1. NO fair usage policy, and maintainance charges
2.If you arent getting any signals on laptop then they will provide you Nanostation By Ubiquity, or a Ruckus Wireless Station which acts as a repeater of their signal.
3.Yes you can switch it off !
4. Remember its wireless to be precise its is wifi b/g with MIMO meaning- the further you stay from their access point the more higher pings and less bandwidth you will have.
5. NO they dont use your terrace, if they do they will improve your connectivity as well.
6.All equipment provided is TIKONA's property !!

Hope I have answered your questions

Karan

thanks for the answers.. really appreciate it ! 🙂

but what about the contention ratio? if u say there is no fair usage, then contention ratio is applied?

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

why u shifted to mtnl 2mbps when tikona is providing at 1/5 the price?

Good Morning Popcorn,Contention ratio means the number of subscribers(demand) on a purticular access point vis a vis actual bandwith provided to the access point by the ISP1. In unlimited plans the contention ratio is higher.. meaning demand is higher.2.As i have stated its wireless broadband and I was staying 600+ meters from the A.P and never used to get the actual or the promised bandwidth stated in the plan subscribed.3. In rains specially in Mumbai it used to get worse, high pings disconnections low bandwith etc. (RAIN AFFECTS WIFI SIGNALS)4.If applying be sure that you are atlkeast 200 meters away not more or else it will be hell.5.I had Ruckus Wireless Repeater not "NAnostation" which is powerful but lacks wifi .Regrards