MTNL Broadband: Internet getting disconnected for 1 minute every few hours?

• Thread starter Thread starter nevillek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 169
  • Views Views 32,942
Sent them an email now with screenshots, as the connection is pretending to work 🙁

:ishock:😡:ishock:

The result of sending an email to those helpdesk bozos is this
'Dear customer, Pl.make complaint on 198 Thanks Internet Helpdesk MTNL, Mumbai'

Please see post #148. The connection seems better as of now.

The idea of sending an email is basically to enumerate all the symptoms & if possible add the screen shots so that whatever is deficient in the text :wall🙁Many of them may not understand english) can be understood thru the screen shots. I think someone has given them this template. :hysterical:I think I should take this up with someone senior when I next visit the exchange.:impissed:

^ I'm just thinking - what if their solution is the same regardless of your complaint? Then the instruction to leave your complaint at 198 is valid nah? 😀You know the options you get at 198. :wink:

^ I'm just thinking - what if their solution is the same regardless of your complaint? Then the instruction to leave your complaint at 198 is valid nah? 😀
You know the options you get at 198. :wink:

lol :hysterical: they also have another template

'Dear customer, Your complaint forworded to concern section complaint no is XXXX Thanks Internet Helpdesk MTNL, Mumbai '

on another occasion when I wrote telling them that the usage details site is down they give me this
'Dear Sir,
Kindly log on to http://register.mtnl.net.in and don't click on the red marked sentenced link then you will get the page here you give your username as 24XXXXXX and put your password. More details , pl. contact on 1504.
Thanks.
Sub Divisional Engineer
Internet Helpdesk MTNL, Mumbai'

looks like their understanding of emails is very limited 🙁

^ their company policy apparently is:
All our customers are dumb unless proven intelligent.
That is why their interpretation of your communication will not match with yours.
At this very moment 2 MTNL guys are at my house trying to change from the old UT3002 or whatever modem to a new wireless modem. A few minutes ago I got a call from the house and they were saying that they cannot access the modem page at 192.168.1.1 so my computer is probably a problem. I told them I was able to access the page on the previous K318, I am able to access it on the UT so how can it be a fault in my computer?
My wife reports that they are still struggling to fix it and they don't seem to know what they are doing.

See this happens when you trust MTNL to change simplest of things better buy your own CPE Daddy !!

That is why their interpretation of your communication will not match with yours.
At this very moment 2 MTNL guys are at my house trying to change from the old UT3002 or whatever modem to a new wireless modem. A few minutes ago I got a call from the house and they were saying that they cannot access the modem page at 192.168.1.1 so my computer is probably a problem. I told them I was able to access the page on the previous K318, I am able to access it on the UT so how can it be a fault in my computer?
My wife reports that they are still struggling to fix it and they don't seem to know what they are doing.

:hysterical: lol & making it such an epic production.

😀 Try 192.168.0.1 and/or try password as 'password'. All the different permutations & combinations with this & the options you mentioned.

They took away the wireless modem and went because they could not get it working. Said they would come again today but nobody will be at home to appreciate the entertainment today.BTW my wife was mighty impressed with the MTNL guys. She says, "Although they did not know what they were doing they were really very polite even when speaking to one another."Now isn't that something from MTNL? 🙂I am in no hurry in any case. I do not have anything to take advantage of wifi right now. Just wanted to get the modem during the free phase.

They took away the wireless modem and went because they could not get it working. Said they would come again today but nobody will be at home to appreciate the entertainment today.
BTW my wife was mighty impressed with the MTNL guys. She says, "Although they did not know what they were doing they were really very polite even when speaking to one another."
Now isn't that something from MTNL? 🙂
I am in no hurry in any case. I do not have anything to take advantage of wifi right now. Just wanted to get the modem during the free phase.

Our friend didn't reply to that post of taking advantage of this free offer 😀 on another thread.

Today again I am facing issues with my connection, anyone else ?Regards

Today again I am facing issues with my connection, anyone else ?

Regards
i m facing disconnection problems since thu/fri. today was crappy as well.

Ya someone called "god" knows the solution, we should pray to him for our ISP related woes !!

Regards

it is just because of god we dont have FUP on mtnl in mumbai
All other ISP are having this FUP

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Just ... I completed 6 years on this forum and crossed 1500 posts !