MTNL Broadband: Internet getting disconnected for 1 minute every few hours?

• Thread starter Thread starter nevillek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 169
  • Views Views 32,943
I dont think I have any tikona AP in my area within 1 KM. Hence Ruckus Wireless Repeater option is out.They will have to install the NAnostation2 or NAnostation5.(dont know which one they use)Also as it has only one LAN out, it could be terminated to my desktop PC. But when i was talking to his engineer, he told me he will give wifi also. So now I assume he will give the Ruckus Wireless Repeater also. I have a wifi laptop and wifi E5 Nokia phone . Is this wifi charged?Is it compulsory to use the tikona dialer? it means I want to use it like my mtnl wireless router without logging to access internet. always on types?

I dont think I have any tikona AP in my area within 1 KM. Hence Ruckus Wireless Repeater option is out.
They will have to install the NAnostation2 or NAnostation5.(dont know which one they use)
Also as it has only one LAN out, it could be terminated to my desktop PC. But when i was talking to his engineer, he told me he will give wifi also. So now I assume he will give the Ruckus Wireless Repeater also. I have a wifi laptop and wifi E5 Nokia phone . Is this wifi charged?
Is it compulsory to use the tikona dialer? it means I want to use it like my mtnl wireless router without logging to access internet. always on types?

Hi,
1.-1km is a long distance even for Nanostation ! I think they will need to put an AP on your terrace.
2.Can you see an AP from the balcony of any of the rooms?? if yes then Nanostation can be used, or like wise Ruckus only if you can see the AP i.e Line of sight.
3.Wifi charged ? didn't get you ?
4. No, each client has to login in with the same password, Tikona allows up to 4 clients.
5.For mobiles no dialer is needed it will open up once you put in password of your wifi.

Regards

Karan

PS- If you wanna talk to me I will PM my number to you 🙂

PS- If you wanna talk to me I will PM my number to you 🙂

Could you PM me your number? I am in Andheri too.

Ygpm 🙂Just confirm it doesn't show in my sent indox 🙁 Karan

i think to save it on your sent item, you need to click on save button somewhere...

Ygpm 🙂

Just confirm it doesn't show in my sent indox 🙁

Karan

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

^ working fine for me at Andheri East.Hey why don't you enter a complaint at 198? Someone will call you tomorrow and ask "Teliphone theek chalta hai?" and you say I am damn well complaining about broadband and not about the phone. That has never actually worked out for me because I complain at 198 and they call later and speak to my wife (who may not even know that I complained) and she says "Yes the telephone is working" and they nicely send me a text message telling me that the problem under docket number xyz is resolved. But it might for you if you are at that phone when they call.Anyway keep persevering with 1504. It takes a while.

Wow. Dialled 1504 at 0810hrs & managed to get thru at first shot. The lady told me that in there is a problem in our area at the server end which started yesterday evening & would be sorted out 'very soon'.

i think if you pamper them (ladies there) and talk to them in their language like internet nahi chalta hai. and bahut slow chalta hai, they understand it better and then they try to help you. If you say ping nahi hota and server down hai and all techy stuff, they will ignore you...

i think if you pamper them (ladies there) and talk to them in their language like internet nahi chalta hai. and bahut slow chalta hai, they understand it better and then they try to help you. If you say ping nahi hota and server down hai and all techy stuff, they will ignore you...

lol :hysterical::hysterical: Actually I did mention that i was getting frequent DC & getting huge packet loss when I use the ping command. I think its a big problem so she knows what to say 🙂

:hysterical::hysterical: lol

@socrates. Its ok for me too Yesterday & today. Must be a local problem in your area like she said.