MTNL Broadband: Huge Discrepancy in Actual Usage & usage shown on MTNL Portal

• Thread starter Thread starter saumil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 24,793
I'm facing the same problem. Normally I dont check my usage regularly because I go only slightly over the 1.25 GB limit, 1.5 to 1.6. Now i have a bill saying i downloaded 2972 MB last month and this month it says I've already downloaded 2115.78 MB. what the hell is going on here?

I'm facing the same problem. Normally I dont check my usage regularly because I go only slightly over the 1.25 GB limit, 1.5 to 1.6. Now i have a bill saying i downloaded 2972 MB last month and this month it says I've already downloaded 2115.78 MB. what the hell is going on here?

Keep sending GM & DGM Broadband emails so they know that there are customers who know of their incompetence or worse their scam. Infact I am know going to write to the ED (Mumbai)

To all those who are facing this problem i suggest you uncheck the 'load pictures' option in your browsers till this problem is fixed. You'll at least be able to get to the end of the month staying within your download limits.

for them MB's are increasing without browing at all. so checking or unchecking image option wud not make any difference.

for them MB's are increasing without browing at all. so checking or unchecking image option wud not make any difference.
Well I'm not sure about mine, whether there's any increase in usage without any browsing or whether they're counting usage twice or whatever they're doing. also, disabling pictures will at least reduce the amount that they do use.

Well I'm not sure about mine, whether there's any increase in usage without any browsing or whether they're counting usage twice or whatever they're doing. also, disabling pictures will at least reduce the amount that they do use.
he is right...or download noflash software..it will help ya to reduce sm usage..actually m also facing dis problem..bt mah link/act line remain stable wen there is no browsing..

Some Happy Diwali !#@$#@$^%&&&* over billing has started again from 29 th of Oct 2008 :madness: :O . At least 5 MB per session whatever be the length of the session.

did u try it on linux?(if u have)for me its still showing right usage.

I never had any issue wid usage discrepancy from MTNL when i was in volume based plans..their log's are mostly accurate.😉

my exchange is andheri exchange but broadband servers are named VLPL (vileparle)

I never had any issue wid usage discrepancy from MTNL when i was in volume based plans..their log's are mostly accurate.😉
u r lucky........bt 4 the same reason i was overcharged by MTNL n shifted 2 unlimited plan compromising wid speed

same problem since last week 😢
For every 1 mb dl's shown by my bandwidth monitor , the mtnl site shows almost 4 mb 😢😢

I even formatted my system suspecting some virus etc , but the problem persists :frown:

Also one thing that I have noticed is that the ADSl link light constantly flickers rapidly even when I am not downloading anything 😱

Usually the ADSL link light remains stable or flickers just slightly along with the ETHERNET link light when u r downloading something 🙁

Any ideas anyone !!!

Hello Sandeep,

Need your help yaar.Is there any way we can keep a tab on how much MBs we are downloading from the sites we browse? Any software or something like that? I have also noticed that MTNLs usage sites shows some wrong data usage..... due to which i had to pay huge broadband bills in last two three months.........

At that time i was not aware about this issue.........

Same thing happening with me also

morning after router reboot (using telnet) and PC restart wen i got up arnd 9 i saw that from 7:50 to 9 der was 130MB downloaded!!!!!

wat i can download on my login screen!!!!!!!!!!!!
currently using pppoe....... cause i need to use usb and ethernet both till i get wifi router........

@Miththegreat
try DU Meter (paid) or netmeter i guess its free

i use Du meter......

u can download netmeter frm here
==- Readerror -== - Downloads

for du meter use GOOGLE 😉