MTNL Broadband: Huge Discrepancy in Actual Usage & usage shown on MTNL Portal

• Thread starter Thread starter saumil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 24,796
My consumption according to MTNL is more than double of my DU meter reading in 3 days flat & some of my sessions are as small as 10 - 12 mins and I have been overbilled for them by as much as double😡

ya even for short session of 10-15 mins... its logging 5.31/4/...5.68 such values... if session is long say 5 -10 hrs... if same amount getts logged(4/5 mb).. that may be temp soln.. to minimiz bill till error is rectified

now i will have to keep watch on my account everyday! though in my logs records still match.btw i found it why there is slight difference in my logs and MTNL logs. i keep PPP packet logs and MTNL records PPPoE packet logs (which is 8 byte extra per IP packet)so that explains it.

My consumption according to MTNL is more than double of my DU meter reading in 3 days flat & some of my sessions are as small as 10 - 12 mins and I have been overbilled for them by as much as double😡

keep a watch on the ADSL link light, the moment it starts flickering rapidly especially when ur ethernet link light is stable , then immediately disconnect ur connection 😗

These dumb , lazy and insensitive mumbai mtnl guys will take their own time to correct this problem , if and when they wud find the problem 😡 , coz they r losing nothing , infact they r gaining :evil:

I have a 11 min session yesterday which MTNL claims used 10.12 MB 🙁 I think the jerks keep fiddling & farting with the settings & screw up things. I am going to wait for a week then write to the MD as well as TRAI about this daylight robbery going on for customers in Mumbai + a few letters to editors too.:wall:. And this is not the first time this has happened, it had happened in Aug '08 too. I am now seriously considering the Airtel option as I have heard they have come to mahim area. And to think I have suggested MTNL Triband to most of my colony 🙁

the problem still der, m fed up now... that technician says.. probem of modem..lolz... in 3 days i crossed 180MB errr.:wall:..wat u all planning to do

Hey Guys... Just a suggestion.. when you say that you are not using anything and the ADSL light is flickering, can you check if any data transfer is happening in the bandwidth monitoring tool. If not, then it is certainly something that MTNL needs to rectify!:thumb:

In Windows XP, the lights in the taskbar network connection icon used to blink only when data used to be actually downloaded / uploaded.In Windows Vista however, there is only a standard animation in which the lights blink at a regular interval irrespective of data being downloaded or not. Is there any way to change this behaviour in Vista?

I have disabled Internet on my PC using INET Protector& Now when I connect my modem & keep it on for 1-2 hrs .... it shows 5-6 mb download it shows download without any surfing!interesting!

i also experienced the same prb....which forced mee 2 shift to unlimited plan.....no worries now :cool2:

since yesterday my usage seems to match with that shown on the mtnl site :thumbsup:Also the adsl light flickering has stopped 😗MTNL seems to have solved the problem for now 🙂

i also experienced the same prb....which forced

mee 2 shift to unlimited plan.....no worries now :cool2:

Believe you are from delhi thats why you can go for UNLIMITED PLAN. I failed to understand why MTNL is charging very high tarrif rates to Mumbai customers.May be these MTNL guys think we mumbaites got plenty of monies to make their fortunes.

Mumbai subscriber is paying INR 2500 for one month unlimited plan whereas MTNL is offering the same plan to Delhi customer at a monthly subsription rate of INR 599.

Broadband

MTNL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans