MTNL Broadband: How can i Use my Friend account??

• Thread starter Thread starter Nemesis87
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 14,859

Nemesis87

ISP
MTNL
I have his username i.e "phone number"@a, CA number as his password & his MAC ID. :wink:Some thing else i need??I have Sterlite SAM300AX router.Turned on "MAC Spoofing" in router setting & input the password & username but it's not opening 🙁Heard about the port binding stuff but ne 1 who can please give some detail about it!!! :isorry:-------------I have seen my Lan card MAC Addr diff frm Router MAC Addr...

the port binding is it.... that means one's a/c is binded to one's phone number........ u cann't use it...

I have his username i.e "phone number"@a, CA number as his password & his MAC ID. :wink:
Some thing else i need??

I have Sterlite SAM300AX router.
Turned on "MAC Spoofing" in router setting & input the password & username but it's not opening 🙁

Heard about the port binding stuff but ne 1 who can please give some detail about it!!! :isorry:
-------------
I have seen my Lan card MAC Addr diff frm Router MAC Addr...

I hope you know the consequences of what you are venturing out to do 🙁 :readtherules:

First of all, you CANNOT do that. It's becoz your user ID and password are binded with your phone number (for BSNL this is the case, not sure about MTNL though). Secondly, as Socrates said, you'll get into trouble in case it works.

socrates( u are an old member here... heard ne one caught ne legal issue here 😀 ), It's not hacking ne 1's account. My friend is giving account by his consent& by legality sharing an account is not prohibited 🙂 Unless its mentioned in some guidelines provided by the ISP company here MTNL (not mentioned in their site :hysterical: ) & for consequences... ever heard of someone previously being jailed,fined etc for this thingy?? many will say they have seen for hacking/boosting routers but not this... :iomg:i like to know the technical point of port binding ( how they do tht)!!In our country they won't caught/penalize ,unless someone registers a complaint about it against you. (like various Nigerian lottery scam, social networking account hacking etc).My friend won't complain about me, MTNL won't be able to detect it even if they detect (as there are still many having 2mbps plan while paying less than that) they won't complain for just Rs1000 broadband plan. They will loose more than that if they get to go the legal way.

socrates( u are an old member here... heard ne one caught ne legal issue here 😀 ), It's not hacking ne 1's account. My friend is giving account by his consent
& by legality sharing an account is not prohibited 🙂 Unless its mentioned in some guidelines provided by the ISP company here MTNL (not mentioned in their site :hysterical: )

& for consequences... ever heard of someone previously being jailed,fined etc for this thingy?? many will say they have seen for hacking/boosting routers but not this... :iomg:

i like to know the technical point of port binding ( how they do tht)!!

In our country they won't caught/penalize ,unless someone registers a complaint about it against you. (like various Nigerian lottery scam, social networking account hacking etc).
My friend won't complain about me, MTNL won't be able to detect it even if they detect (as there are still many having 2mbps plan while paying less than that) they won't complain for just Rs1000 broadband plan. They will loose more than that if they get to go the legal way.

I don’t mean to pontificate but Its very sad you think that way. :icry: Let me put it this way, even if your friend has given you permission to use his broadband connection, what you are trying is legally hacking. To use you your friend’s connections legally you can use it from his premises or take an extension line to your premises for which you have to take ISP permission, else its illegal.:readtherules: As a member here I felt it was my duty to bring it to your notice. Whether one is caught or not is not the way to decide what is right & wrong, after that it’s your decision.
BTW Even answering your question make one as accessory in crime. 😗

@socratesare you sure that even you get a permission to use account then still its crime?..Its like driving your friend car with his permission and cops telling that you stole your friends car and putting you in Jail..I dont think so...you cant say that legal hacking?? do you?@nemesisyou cant do in MTNL due to port binding issue..i can confirm that..

boss its common sense that its not legal to use someone elses account even if u got permission to do so.. if that was legal then i would suggest that only one person per building take an mtnl broadband connection and the rest share his username and password with his "permission". The point here is that ur depriving mtnl of revenue by doing so....

you can't use your friend account, you need same telephone line to use 😀 port binding

boss its common sense that its not legal to use someone elses account even if u got permission to do so.. if that was legal then i would suggest that only one person per building take an mtnl broadband connection and the rest share his username and password with his "permission". The point here is that ur depriving mtnl of revenue by doing so....

dude,you are missing a point here..I am not saying that we should do that..I am just asking that are we punishable if we do so? can MTNL file a case against us? If yes, then what that would be..stealing with user permission?? do u get my point or not..
Regarding revenue: yes we are depriving their share but are we responsible for that? its their system which is at fault not ours.
Btw, I am applying common sense but you are not..
One more thing, It is actually not possible to share BB in MTNL/BSNL..it is confrmed

i dont think MTNL has prohibited anyone to use anyone else's account... so it does not become a crime if done WITH consent.and even if done without consent, i think max they can ask u is to pay for the usage.. i dont think there will be jail term.

yeah thats my point..using something with consent of owner is not a crime , no matter what it is...

kk this thread will be locked by admin if further more discussion goes on :hysterical😡socrates i don't want to be rude but ppls have different point of view.It's similar to a "White/Grey Hat" hacking way ,not just "Black hat" 🙂@doomwithdon1only one person per building take an mtnl broadband connection and the rest share his username and password,, their FAQ saysCan cyber café / PCO holder avail this service?Yes, cyber café/PCO holder can also avail this service. I will say my house is a cybercafe center for my friends house or make cyber cafe router connected to other homes if possible :hysterical:By the way they never pay a visit to my house even when i called 100th time for complain.Have they checked Wifi/wireless security is safe after terrorist threats . They just send emails or a new pdf for you to fix. For a layman who haven't even know tcp/ip setting you mean him to change DNS n other settings 🙂

kk this thread will be locked by admin if further more discussion goes on :hysterical:

@socrates i don't want to be rude but ppls have different point of view.
It's similar to a "White/Grey Hat" hacking way ,not just "Black hat" 🙂

@doomwithdon1
only one person per building take an mtnl broadband connection and the rest share his username and password,, their FAQ says

Can cyber café / PCO holder avail this service?
Yes, cyber café/PCO holder can also avail this service.

I will say my house is a cybercafe center for my friends house or make cyber cafe router connected to other homes if possible :hysterical:
By the way they never pay a visit to my house even when i called 100th time for complain.
Have they checked Wifi/wireless security is safe after terrorist threats . They just send emails or a new pdf for you to fix. For a layman who haven't even know tcp/ip setting you mean him to change DNS n other settings 🙂

Theres a huge difference between a cybercafe and sharing your username pass across multiple landline connections. First of all cybercafes need specific clearances to open shop, so just by stating that ur a cybercafe alone will not be sufficient to convince mtnl to give u the privelege of sharing ur connection. Secondly even cybercafes get only one connection and all PCs are connected and share the net connection via Router / LAN (and not seperate landline connections).

I believe this thread is pointless anyways since its just not possible to use another's username pass on another's landline connection due to port binding so the question of getting caught or penalised for doing so doesnt arise at all...

@socrates
are you sure that even you get a permission to use account then still its crime?..Its like driving your friend car with his permission and cops telling that you stole your friends car and putting you in Jail..I dont think so...you cant say that legal hacking?? do you?
@nemesis

Your analogy isnt 100% correct, the friend might be owning the car, here u dont own MTNL or its ADSL line..u are just using it on a rental basis.

socrates( u are an old member here... heard ne one caught ne legal issue here 😀 ), It's not hacking ne 1's account. My friend is giving account by his consent
& by legality sharing an account is not prohibited 🙂 Unless its mentioned in some guidelines provided by the ISP company here MTNL (not mentioned in their site :hysterical: )

& for consequences... ever heard of someone previously being jailed,fined etc for this thingy?? many will say they have seen for hacking/boosting routers but not this... :iomg:

Its correct that nobody's ever been caught till date doing this...but even if nobody's been caught doesnt make an illegal act legal..we all know how law enforcement in india is done..sometimes even the biggest crimes go unpunished..but if caught even the smallest of crime's can be a headache..having said that its not necessary that logging into somebody's account after taking his consent is illegal...one needs to read MTNL's Terms of service for that...

i like to know the technical point of port binding ( how they do tht)!!

well they do use MAC id's but its not router or lan card mac ID..