MTNL Broadband: Getting billed in unlimited plan

• Thread starter Thread starter realmccool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,138

realmccool

ISP
MTNL NU 849
My account is on alcatel server (@a user) .I changed my plan from 849 NU to 599 unlimited ,yet on the account details page downloaded MB is showing as accounted volume ,it should be 0. Is it normal, since for 849 NU plan login after 10 pm shows accounted volume as 0.I have verified my plan has been changed to DSL Unlimited 599 in the account section. I hope I won't be charged at the end of the month as my usage may exceed 7000 mb +.

if u get billed u have the proof of ur plan change to 599 some booking number??mine frnd was charged ~Rs70,000 he has shifted to Rs 749 plan. Earlier DSL 748## was DSL 749 & DSL_Unlimited_749 has the same price tag of 749. After some compaint n message & a round with exchange his DSL_Unlimited_749 was valued finally.

Same thing happened to me as well with the 849 nu plan. was billed 26000 and 30000 for 2 months. post complaining and running around the old MTNL farts on 3 separate occasions and giving them a piece of my mindwas reduced to 6000 and 3000. Still too much the matter is still in dispute.

The worst damn thing is that the asses will try to talk to you as if it is your responsibility to sort it out.

if u get billed u have the proof of ur plan change to 599 some booking number??

mine frnd was charged ~Rs70,000 he has shifted to Rs 749 plan. Earlier DSL 748## was DSL 749 & DSL_Unlimited_749 has the same price tag of 749. After some compaint n message & a round with exchange his DSL_Unlimited_749 was valued finally.

Hi everyone,realmccool can you please confirm if you were charged for the usage or was the usage just showing in your account but you were not charged.I am in the same dilemma :confuse:. I had changed my plan from NU849 to 1 mbps unlimited which got reflected in my account on 21-dec. Since that day all my usage has been recorded. So i waited till 1st thinking maybe the change would actually be effective from the 1st of this month. But the usage is still being recorded. Called up customer care, but the reply i got was that usage will be recorded but you will not be charged.I am stumped and don't know what is correct :huh:. If anyone is aware about the billing pattern for unlimited plans please let me know.Thanks....

Hi everyone,
realmccool can you please confirm if you were charged for the usage or was the usage just showing in your account but you were not charged.
I am in the same dilemma :confuse:. I had changed my plan from NU849 to 1 mbps unlimited which got reflected in my account on 21-dec. Since that day all my usage has been recorded. So i waited till 1st thinking maybe the change would actually be effective from the 1st of this month. But the usage is still being recorded. Called up customer care, but the reply i got was that usage will be recorded but you will not be charged.
I am stumped and don't know what is correct :huh:. If anyone is aware about the billing pattern for unlimited plans please let me know.
Thanks....

For unlimited plans also usage is recorded and u r able to see much have u download till now or say on 1,2,3, ..8..15 on any given day. Every usage is recorded but there is a column of chargeable Units(GB) which should be showing 0. Like in usage will keep on adding in the usage table everyday but ur this chargeable column should be 0 and if not so then you will be billed for the amount showing in that column.

For unlimited plans also usage is recorded and u r able to see much have u download till now or say on 1,2,3, ..8..15 on any given day. Every usage is recorded but there is a column of chargeable Units(GB) which should be showing 0. Like in usage will keep on adding in the usage table everyday but ur this chargeable column should be 0 and if not so then you will be billed for the amount showing in that column.

Thanks for replying so soon. I can't seem to find the chargeable column when I log in. In the "View Session History" section all i see are 3 columns - Start Time, End Time and Usage, but there is no column for chargeable columns. Is this specific for @a users because i am not one. Is there any other way of finding out?
Thanks once again for replying.

^ I am on unlimited 599 plan. I don't have the @ in my username. My session history shows my consumption but I do not get billed for it. Just the fixed charge.Call the call centre and confirm the plan has changed. Take a screenshot showing the changed plan and rest easy.

Hi everyone,
realmccool can you please confirm if you were charged for the usage or was the usage just showing in your account but you were not charged.
I am in the same dilemma :confuse:. I had changed my plan from NU849 to 1 mbps unlimited which got reflected in my account on 21-dec. Since that day all my usage has been recorded. So i waited till 1st thinking maybe the change would actually be effective from the 1st of this month. But the usage is still being recorded. Called up customer care, but the reply i got was that usage will be recorded but you will not be charged.
I am stumped and don't know what is correct :huh:. If anyone is aware about the billing pattern for unlimited plans please let me know.
Thanks....

Yeah it shows up as accounted volume in UNLTD plans. Don't worry u won't get charged. Just make sure your plan is updated in the account info section ,to be safe keep a screenshot with date and time of the account info until yr bill arrives.