MTNL Broadband Fair Usage Policy

• Thread starter Thread starter intelguy45
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,492

intelguy45

ISP
MTNL Broadband
I have been using MTNL Broadband for some years. Recently I took their 320 kbps (Rs.495) plan. In July they started a midnight module between 10 and 8 with 512 kbps speed - download speed was between 68 and 72. I got this speed for one week, then I noticed that on Sunday nights the speed was the same as day time. Then I started experiencing this same problem on Saturday's also. Now, between Monday and Friday, I get a download speed between 52 and 58 kbps and on Saturday and Sunday, it is a extension of day time speed which is 320 kbps or between 38 and 42 kbps.I think the reduction of speed is an example of MTNL Broadband's Fair Usage Policy. While other broadband companies are upfront on advertising about their Fair Usage Policy, MTNL Broadband advertises they don't have one and then reduces the speed on certain days.

No such problem for me. Get 320kbps day time and faster at night.

It's more likely that they've screwed up your sync rates. Just call up and complain. I'm on the Rs. 1333 plan and I get normal speeds.

Just got this SMS from MTNL"MTNL launches 2Mbps Fair Usage/Night Usage unlimited Broadband Plans starting at Rs. 795/- pm. For further details/booking contact 011-22221500/1500."

Thanks for the replies.Here's my ADSL Status:Local/Remote Tx Power: 1.23 dB / 1.54 dBSNR Margin 37.5dB 12.0dBLine Attenuation 31.5dB 21.0dBLoss of Signal 0 0 CRC Errors 6 5 Data Rate 512 Kbps 512 KbpsLatency Interleaved InterleavedHow to calculate the sync rates with this data?