MTNL Broadband: Excessive Bill Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter philixp1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,487

philixp1

ISP
MTNL
I'am a newbie here btw,It started like this. I first enrolled myself for mtnl internet service 2 months ago with 256kbps plans. Then I upgrade it to 849(combo) tarrif paln due to slow speed associated with 256kbps plan. The speed for 849 was amazingly great and I was happy for some initial days but then within weeks, my internet speed was kind of damm retarded to only like 15-25kb/s which is equaivalent to the speed reserved for 256kb/ps paln. When I called up the mtnl helpdesk and enquire which plan was activated with my account, they said I have 849 combo still.THEN COMES THE WORST PART HERE.In names, 849 combo(2mbps) plan is still associated with my internet account. As I mentioned it earlier,however I got only the least retarded speed of 20-25kb/s when downloading. Nobody can ever imagine how with that speed one could download much. Ironically, I received my bill today and it shows me aorund 23,000. Yes, 23 thousand in words which is inbelievable exagerrating. This bill is only for a month only as those previuos due I owed to them were all cleared. I may have downloaded some 10-15 GB data in maximum excluded from the free download quota reserved for this 849 plan which is normally set at 7GB per month.But still 23k is never that possible for just downloading with 15-20kb/a to hit such an exagerrating figure.SOLUTION?I called them up several times and all i got to hear from them was that they will gonna launch a complaint with regard to my speed problem. When I told them the figure in my bill paper is purely exagerrating, they just ignored it and said I need to pay them all.Well, I was kind of trying not to pay as I deserve to pay for what I had used only.Will they just disconnect my internet or is it that they ll gonna take some seriuos action coz of non payment? I'll be shifting my place to some other area too LOLPlease contribute your ideas and suggest in as comments....thank yo uin advance,,,,

Dude you will not have to pay but you can't just ignore it and run cause they will track you down and make a serious issue out of it. The solution is to make an issue yourself. Log in to your usage page, get your usage history printed out and check whether you truly have downloaded data unknowingly. If not just take the printouts to your nearest office and meet the manager or write a mail to gm broadband.It will get sorted!All the best

Hows that tracking me down possible?More or less, i told them honestly to come over to my place and check em up themselves which they don't.I 'm adamant and determined not topay off those huge billafter all i am just some collegian LOL and it seriously involve a big mistakes from their side,,,,So it's totally uncool that they kind of have to **** me up in my bill paper,,,,nevertheless, I'l be happy to see more suggetion pouring from other members,,,Thaks in advance

Log in to your usage page, get your usage history printed out and check whether you truly have downloaded data unknowingly. If not just take the printouts to your nearest office