MTNL Mumbai MTNL Broadband dropping internet connection every 10 minutes.

• Thread starter Thread starter rleReady2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,504
ISP
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited, Mumbai.
Hello, I have a MTNL Broadband that is in my home for at-least 1 years and now I am experiencing a problem of the internet connection being dropped down.

I have found many forum posts on this but, they all say that there is a problem with the firmware. I have talked with MTNL Customer care and they have only registered a complaint.

I have the Beetel 450 TC1 which is a router+modem, if anyone has the firmware for it please share it here on this thread. Please also check that the firmware works as it can brick my modem if it is not supported.

If the line itself is stable, it's possible your modem has gone bad, to rule out that I'd suggest trying a different modem and see if the problem appears again.

Also compare the line statistics like SNR, signal level etc and see if they are different from earlier.

If you've been using it for a year without issues, what makes you think that suddenly a firmware issue could cause stability issues? Just curious.

Because new firmware releases may make the older firmware non-supportive or broken.