• Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 7,984

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
MTNL broadband customers gets cheaper ISD calls through VoIP technologyMTNL has announced that starting today, their broadband customers in Delhi and Mumbai would be able to make international calls to any part of the world for as low as Re 1 per minute.These calls would be routed through Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and the [...]

MTNL broadband customers gets cheaper ISD calls through VoIP technology

News is comin that MTNL is offerin for 10p per min ... but couldn't find the info on thier website

10P/Minute is for calls from MTNL Delhi to MTNL Mumbai via those special phone LinesInternational Calls will still be Rs1.Will those guys be eating into our bandwidth.Surfing in the day SUCKS,Presently.Will it get worse?

me keepin my fingers crossed...atleast they provide voip service with a decent quality...

Who needs MTNL for intl voip with betamax around?..i dont think they will be routing STD calls over Voip..STD anyways is very cheap with 1 india plan

If a Delhi-Mumbai call is 10p/minute... then they can also make local call charges at the same price... And I'm sure cell phone operators will face a tough time then... 🙂

10P/Minute is for calls from MTNL Delhi to MTNL Mumbai via those special phone Lines
International Calls will still be Rs1.

May i know where it is written? On Mtnl FAQs it says sip 2 sip calls(which is provided free by most international providers)
http://voip.mtnldelhi.in/

Q4. Does MTNL VoIP phone really work like a regular line?
Ans. You just plug your phone in to the telephone adapter and make your calls as usual (VoIP to international PSTN/Mobile and MTNL VoIP to MTNL VoIP). There Is no need to use a headset or install additional software. However you will not be Able to receive calls from any normal PSTN/Mobile phone at present.

Will those guys be eating into our bandwidth.
Surfing in the day SUCKS,Presently.
Will it get worse?

Q6. Does the bandwidth used while making VoIP calls add to my Broadband Bill?

Ans. The MB usage of VoIP service is not charged.

price war!!! :yahoo:

Don't expect any war..... as framework is still not clear most voip services this is written in voip form

[*] The VoIP service is liable for disconnection partially or otherwise due to:

[*] Changes in the law, rules, regulations or orders, directions, notifications etc by the Authorities.
[/list]

The most exciting thing is the ata available for rs1000 and rs1500 i think they would have one and two voip port resp.
Don't know whether it wud be locked or not.

[*] The ATA/ SIP Phone and the accessories shall be solely used for availing VoIP services on Triband of MTNL and shall not be used for availing services of any other Network.
[*] The ATA/ SIP Phone and the accessories shall be used for making authorized calls and availing of authorized facilities.
[/list]

However with time as service get localized i hope that gaffar & palika guys get there hands to it. 😉
and we could use our favourite international operator

I dont know from where this local calling stuff has crept in..MTNL voip is only for Intl or domestic Voip to Voip calls. VoIP to PSTN or vice-versa is banned in india..

Plan A (VoIP400)
Rs. 400/- per month
(Service Tax extra)
800 minutes SIP-SIP Calls free, 10 paise per minute thereafter

Plan B (VoIP200)
Rs. 200/- per month
(Service Tax extra)
400 minutes SIP-SIP Calls free, 20 paise per minute thereafter

OMG wat a rip-off they are charging for something that should be completely free