MTNL Broadband: Charged for free down 10pm to 12am

• Thread starter Thread starter sweet.venom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,003

sweet.venom

ISP
MTNL
I am new mtnl customer and a new user to this forum, so my hello to all veterans of this forum.I am being charged for free down from 10pm to 12am, am one of those @a user, so i lodged a complaint to some of those emails provided in your wiki, though much of them failed delivery, anybody here has new emails of MTNL officers.well anyway, here's my complaint email just for laughs..""I, registered a complaint for improper counting of data during "Free Download" through the MTNL Mumbai complaint registration website "http://comptrack.mtnl.net.in/getcomplaint.php", on 24th Nov 2009 at 9am, but i haven't received a single reply/status update or anything for that matter until today. Not only is my complaint unresolved and more improper usage stacking up on it, but MTNL has also completely failed to inform me what is being done about my complaint, do I have to invoke my right to "RTI Act 2005" for every small detail i wish to get?, can't MTNL be just a tad bit sincere about providing complaint updates to it's customers. I, might seem a bit hot headed for asking for developments so early, really though, I don't wish to be harsh on MTNL, not after MTNL increasing the time for Night Unlimited customers and all, but you see the end of the month is approaching, all the data statistics will be collected and I would be billed for a gargantuan amount, amount that should actually be free, and I really don't cherish the thought of paying for some other persons mistake. According to TRAI directives it was necessary for Telecom companies to establish online grievance redressal systems, and as per the directives MTNL did establish a grievance system, but it seems to be poorly managed, at least the one for broadband/Triband complaints does, as per my experience. As, a MTNL customer I wish to have a online grievance system that actually WORKS!, not some show-off webpage citing satisfaction of directives and does nothing. If it works then provide live hourly updates regarding complaints, or if that seems too far fetched, daily updates to complaints won't be asking too much for a start, would it?. If MTNL does not implement these features, I WILL go to the appellate judge, then TRAI, after that consumer court, and if nothing works, finally a PIL(Public Interest Letigation) in the high court. If nothing works I am going to complain to Santa Claus, then don't blame me if he doesn't bring any gifts to you this Christmas for all you bad boys, LOL. Oh and a, lots of thanksies and smoochies to the person who came up with that 10pm to 8am "free down" idea for NU customers, much long awaited I might add.Regards,""I hope somebody from all those email ids I sent received this mail. would appreciate if any body has new email for Executive Director of MTNL Mumbai.

woo hoo!

Turns out somebody I sent that email to, did receive it after all, I received phone calls immediately after sending that mail, like 15 mins after I sent it, they also updated my online complaint finally. Hope they keep it up, or I might actually take up those steps.

Well, I think somebody learned something from that email and it was not all complete waste of time.

I think its no harm in using the online complaint/grievance registration system now. May be you peeps should try it out, its better than sending emails if it works at all. BTW I am surprised that I didn't find any link to online complaint registration in that wiki maybe Admin/Mods should update it. Well here are those links anyway,

Complaint Booking
(Online Complaints) Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited, A Government of India Enterprise.

Don't forget to select broadband from drop down list and write the docket No. you get in a text file or something.

Complaint Tracking
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited Mumbai,A Government Of India Enerprise.

Type in your docket no and tel.no to see complaint status.

Lodge email complaints only if they don't give you results or status update on your complaint/grievance in a day or two. And complain about the "online complaint/grievance registration system" citing your tel.no, consumer no., and docket no of your original complaint. This way you kill two mocking birds in one shot, they not only fix your problem, but this makes the online complaint/grievance registration system better for all of us.

Thanks for replying socrates, but if you are referring to that .xls file, you should know that I don't have a xls reader. If I am not asking too much, could you perhaps update or convince the admin/mod to update the wiki with those new email addresses.

@sweet.venom: Is your download count between 10PM to 12AM reset the same day or the next day?

hello socrates, I did mention in my initial post that i used email from the broadbandforum wiki, those were the one's that failed and now thanks to admin, I know that the emails in xls and wiki are the same. Many of them don't work though.BTW admin can you edit the wiki and include those complaint booking and tracking sites I mentioned in them, it would be great if many people start using that instead of sending emails, MTNL might also start to pay attention to those complaints, not that they have a choice.well, zeo it wasn't reset the same or the next day, it was staring at my face for two whole days, not even after lodging that complaint, it wasn't reset until I sent that email, I think they wet their fancy pants when they heard me taking about RTI and PIL. Cool email though, isn't it?

well, zeo it wasn't reset the same or the next day, it was staring at my face for two whole days, not even after lodging that complaint, it wasn't reset until I sent that email, I think they wet their fancy pants when they heard me taking about RTI and PIL. Cool email though, isn't it?

The resetting is certainly being carried out in a rather haphazard manner, rather inconsistently I would say, taking anywhere between a day to 3, though for the past 3 days they have done it within 24 hours. Its rather a dilemma because if they fail to reset the usage for any day in this month and it ends up in the bill then it would be another administrative challenge to get the bill corrected. Simply waiting for the time when it will be implemented in real time, really hate restricting myself for those 2 hours. :madness:

@sweet.venom: Now that your downloads are not counted after 10PM is it that all the downloads between 10PM to 12AM are reset immediately or it takes a day or two?

@t3chg33k: Now as the current month is coming to an end, we need to careful about what we download during 10PM to 12AM as you said it might get counted in the bill.

Lets hope that something better comes out in the next month.

hello socrates, I did mention in my initial post that i used email from the broadbandforum wiki, those were the one's that failed and now thanks to admin, I know that the emails in xls and wiki are the same. Many of them don't work though.

BTW admin can you edit the wiki and include those complaint booking and tracking sites I mentioned in them, it would be great if many people start using that instead of sending emails, MTNL might also start to pay attention to those complaints, not that they have a choice.

well, zeo it wasn't reset the same or the next day, it was staring at my face for two whole days, not even after lodging that complaint, it wasn't reset until I sent that email, I think they wet their fancy pants when they heard me taking about RTI and PIL. Cool email though, isn't it?

Hmm when you say the email-id's failed what mailer daemon did you receive. Did you get a message that the mailbox is 'over quota', another member faced a similar problem. https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/54548-mtnl-broadband-mumbai-night-unlimited-now-10pm/6/ post #53 - #58. I last used the email -id's in Sept '09 & they were working fine. 🙁 Admin can confirm this, it was me who sent the list of Mumbai id's to admin in Jul '09 (I think) to add to the Wiki 😀

Hello, admin I would be honored to edit the wiki, but I must warn you I have never ever edited a wiki before, therefore I wish you have a backup before you permit me, Not that I have any history in destruction, but it's always good to have a backup. BTW I am going out of city for a few days, so I can't update it immediately even if you do decide to permit me.zeo, I can't say, but I sent that email yesterday, they erased all my 10pm to 12am data yesterday at around 1pm or 2pm, but when I checked today, I was charged for yesterday's 10pm to 12am data transfer.so, I don't know for sure, when they would erase it.hey techgeek, whoa! dude don't skip on downloading/surfing from 10pm to 12am just because MTNL logs the data. They can't do a thing about it, trust me on this one, if they do charge you, send you a bill, don't fret, stay calm and lodge a online complaint (you can talk to their call center representative and lodge a complaint through them, but personally I don't think they have enough brain cells for a logical conversation) , do note the docket no. when you do so. Send an email to the MTNL ED,DGM,area GM, broadband division, billing division, accounts division, citing your tel no., consumer no., and docket no. for your complaint, and blame them for billing you extra for free down, fraud, extortion(LOL), etc. I guarantee you they will fix it within a day, with proper apologies.Hello again socrates, here's the mailer daemon error that was returned from failed addresses "" The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 Communication dropped Harvest attack from this ip (state 13)."". Phenomenal, they are branding their own customers as spammers I guess, check this "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directory_Harvest_Attack". They must have added a condition to reject emails from unknown or other domain addresses, i.e only @mtnl.net.in addresses would be accepted I guess, not sure though.

just PM me any of your google accounts (gmail id) and i would connect you to the wiki. it's perfectly safe as the system makes copies of every edit. 🙂

Hello again socrates, here's the mailer daemon error that was returned from failed addresses "" The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 Communication dropped Harvest attack from this ip (state 13)."". Phenomenal, they are branding their own customers as spammers I guess, check this "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directory_Harvest_Attack". They must have added a condition to reject emails from unknown or other domain addresses, i.e only @mtnl.net.in addresses would be accepted I guess, not sure though.

You could be right I have almost always used the mtnl id for corresponding with them except in a stray case when it went thru on my gmail id but never experienced this error. The lazy sods there might be trying out new tricks to shirk work.😱 And I always thought u cant teach old dogs new tricks. :hysterical:
BTW which id were you using to send the mail to MTNL?