MTNL Broadband: 2mbps for free on unlimited plans on sundays in April 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 540
  • Views Views 69,423
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting higher speeds but not more than 1mbps...but it consistently 1mbps.

I am getting higher speeds but not more than 1mbps...but it consistently 1mbps.

Yep me too its not reaching beyond 1 Mbps. Looks like everybody has put on their accelerator...Milking every bit of bandwidth of there connection.

max 1 mbps that only on torrent . rapishare link-removed hotfile start with 1mbps and end with 20-29kbps :Flush: if this continue another 15 day i need to search another isp :quiet:

Dont worry.. today is the last day.. unless they decide to extend the offer!

Dont worry.. today is the last day.. unless they decide to extend the offer!

With the competition from the expensive 3G (which is still not perfect across all private operators) slowly heating up and the forthcoming BWA (wherein Reliance tested speeds of upto 50-80 mbps), hope MTNL atleast offer speeds of 2+ mbps from May onwards without FUP. Also soon wireless devices will support speeds of > 10.2 mbps.

Also, MTNL too has the license for BWA in Mumbai & Delhi (BSNL rest of India). So you can expect wireless speeds around 50+ mbps later this year or surely beginning of next year. So our MTNL wired broadband better improve their speeds soon rather than restrict them to Sundays and without disconnections!!

My point is 1 mbps is nothing with faster speeds becoming the norm. Also, TRAI needs to upgrade the definition of broadband. Been stuck at 256 kbps for ages now. Guess they are too busy with some other scam coming up! 😀

My other concern is hope with increased speeds FUP doesn't suddenly pop-up coz BSNL has the FUP too now.

@AvidWatcher Apart from redefining the term 'Broadband' they should also redefine how much is the limit a subscriber can expect from his connection. I have begun to think that 80% is too low as now many MTNL officials (Disputed by some on this thread) are using this as an excuse to get rid of customers instead of trying to sort out their complaint. Maybe 90% is a better limit. What say 😀 That should make all ISP's get off their butt. :tongue2: Also there is no point in complaining about the shitty Funday's speed as you might only get some SMART lip from some babu about 'Beggars cannot be choosers' 🙁 They seem to be doling out bandwidth as 'BEEK', :arrogant:

@AvidWatcher Apart from redefining the term 'Broadband' they should also redefine how much is the limit a subscriber can expect from his connection. I have begun to think that 80% is too low as now many MTNL officials (Disputed by some on this thread) are using this as an excuse to get rid of customers instead of trying to sort out their complaint. Maybe 90% is a better limit. What say 😀 That should make all ISP's get of their butt. :tongue2: Also there is no point in complaining about the shitty Funday's speed as you might only get some SMART lip from some babu about 'Beggars cannot be choosers' 🙁 They seem to be doling out bandwidth as 'BEEK', :arrogant:

Agreed socrates!

@AvidWatcher Apart from redefining the term 'Broadband' they should also redefine how much is the limit a subscriber can expect from his connection. I have begun to think that 80% is too low as now many MTNL officials (Disputed by some on this thread) are using this as an excuse to get rid of customers instead of trying to sort out their complaint. Maybe 90% is a better limit. What say 😀 That should make all ISP's get of their butt. :tongue2: Also there is no point in complaining about the shitty Funday's speed as you might only get some SMART lip from some babu about 'Beggars cannot be choosers' 🙁 They seem to be doling out bandwidth as 'BEEK', :arrogant:

Sahi bola bidu

@AvidWatcher Apart from redefining the term 'Broadband' they should also redefine how much is the limit a subscriber can expect from his connection. I have begun to think that 80% is too low as now many MTNL officials (Disputed by some on this thread) are using this as an excuse to get rid of customers instead of trying to sort out their complaint. Maybe 90% is a better limit. What say 😀 That should make all ISP's get off their butt. :tongue2: Also there is no point in complaining about the shitty Funday's speed as you might only get some SMART lip from some babu about 'Beggars cannot be choosers' 🙁 They seem to be doling out bandwidth as 'BEEK', :arrogant:
That's exactly why i did not bother going after them inspite of not getting 2Mbps. i had met them once a couple of weeks bck(i had posted abt it here) to increase my upload speeds. on the pretext of that i tried pushing em to resolve the 2Mbps but gave up after it didn't work the next sunday. had i been paying for the 2Mbps connection i wud have shaken them up from top to bottom !! lolz
today i m actually getting abt 1.7Mbps for a change !!

At around 8 am it was around 1.73 - 1.75 Mbps now its

https://www.speedtest.net

Funday #@!$#%$#% :thunder:

Same here. I had 1.75Mbps late last night and early morning, but now speedtest isn't even loading properly. :/

I think some babu wanted to stress test the MTNL network and came up with this ridiculous marketing ploy so his bosses would approve it.

With the competition from the expensive 3G (which is still not perfect across all private operators) slowly heating up and the forthcoming BWA (wherein Reliance tested speeds of upto 50-80 mbps), hope MTNL atleast offer speeds of 2+ mbps from May onwards without FUP. Also soon wireless devices will support speeds of > 10.2 mbps.

Also, MTNL too has the license for BWA in Mumbai & Delhi (BSNL rest of India). So you can expect wireless speeds around 50+ mbps later this year or surely beginning of next year. So our MTNL wired broadband better improve their speeds soon rather than restrict them to Sundays and without disconnections!!

My point is 1 mbps is nothing with faster speeds becoming the norm. Also, TRAI needs to upgrade the definition of broadband. Been stuck at 256 kbps for ages now. Guess they are too busy with some other scam coming up! 😀

My other concern is hope with increased speeds FUP doesn't suddenly pop-up coz BSNL has the FUP too now.

I would really have to disagree you must have not read the Policy correctly-

An ‘always-on' data connection that is able to support interactive services including Internet access and has the capability of the minimum download speed of 256 kilo bits per second (kbps) to an individual subscriber from the Point Of Presence (POP) of the service provider

Its a Minimum guarantee of service bandwidth not the maximum.

Secondly BWA is for different target segment for Eg- Verizon USA on LTE is aimed at broadband on the "move" even though,its not an alternative to your wired internet, it was always developed and marketed as complimentary to your wired internet.

In India BWA has gained more importance not just because of lack of end mile fibre but because of initial wired speeds are only less.It would be an alternate not compliment.

Reliance tested speeds are the full potential (50-80megs) of LTE meaning once subscribers log on we can expect 5-12megs on LTE version 1.

One more thing DSL in India is limited to the quality of cooper used. So don't expect 8+megs of speeds on your current wired connections.:doofywave:

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.