MTNL Broadband 2 MBPS Unlimited @ 599/month

They are serving in Delhi. But, the tariffffffffffffff'ssss.. 😀

Surf Addiction 300, Speed- 300 Kbps Monthly Charges (Rs.) 450
Night Booster Zoom 1, Speed-Day 1 Mbps, Night^ 2 Mbps Monthly Charges (Rs.) 1499
Zoom 2, Speed -2 Mbps and Monthly Charges (Rs.) 2599

300kbps to direct 1mbit? I mean do they really think, people won't be interested in 512kbps or 786kbps?

I suggest you don't look at that page on their website. The more interesting page is for Combo plans. I'm sure you'll see that 649/- plan for Delhi as well. Finally, as Jaymin has indicated, their CC and webpage may both be out of sync with reality.

I am not wanting them to introduce such plans

Oh, so that explains your presence on this thread!

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Just take the current case - 2Mbps*, for Rs.49pm.....

*Conditions apply - Free usage of 200MB.......

Lolzzz!!! I mean if they give 2Mbps, then even a layman surfer will unknowingly use up that limit in a day........

The right plan is TriB UL Data - 1Mbps Eco Combo, which gives a minimum of 2 Mbps download speed (unlimited usage/no FUP) and 100 free calls for Rs. 1899. Even if this comes down to Rs. 999, it would be amazing.

I suggest you don't look at that page on their website. The more interesting page is for Combo plans. I'm sure you'll see that 649/- plan for Delhi as well. Finally, as Jaymin has indicated, their CC and webpage may both be out of sync with reality.

Erm, that's a kadwi sachai. That the reality and web page might be out of sync.
And, 649/- I will look into it 🙂
@jymn2005, thanks for posting that conversation lol 😀

@ SammI needed to post it, to put the point beyond any doubts!!@bahadurbilla....Yeah, that explains it, coz i have been stung very badly by their excellent quality of service.....and the best of CC - today i got a reply from their GM, asking my telephone number to look into the matter......And not only me, many others in my acquaintances have been stung, so you know, i just posted it once/twice that "U cant expect it from a PSU, and that too, MTNL"......and that post lead to a chain of posts....what can i do about it??And as you can see, it has been helpful to the others, so whats wrong with it??

I also agree, MTNL is the best. And believe me, contrary to public thinking, their service is not bad. If there is any problem, it may not get sorted over phone, but if you approach the local MTNL node, the guys are usually helpful and sort it out. Besides, The GM and DGM's are easily contactable and helpful. For the private players like Hathway, Airtel, Reliance etc, the higher authorities always remain hidden and you just cant contact them, however and whatever you try.
In the private companies, most of the higher authorities are hopeless, they are arrogant, their parents never taught them to be polite and apologize, and they will give excuses for their mistakes. As against that, most of the MTNL higher authorities are very good and helpful and they will listen to you and help you out. This has been my experience.

exactly before when i was not on mtnl i always thought mtnl was the worst, instead they are the best!! i still get 2mbps on a 1mbps unlimited plan!!!

So, you love MTNL because they are giving you speeds of 2mbps on the price of 1mbps.Never read such a hideous reason for appreciating a company. Just think about it this way, you are getting double speeds, and its just by luck.What about the people who pays for 2mbps and gets 512kbps? And when they visit the MTNL node, they have to take their day off, then time is being given to you.And nobody comes or is bother to rectify the error.You again have to sacrifice your valuable time..... and 'teh' cycle will never break.MTNL sucks BIG TIME. You know that. Reason being 'LUCK' is THE DECIDING FACTOR FOR GOOD SERVICE.

So, you love MTNL because they are giving you speeds of 2mbps on the price of 1mbps.
Never read such a hideous reason for appreciating a company.
Just think about it this way, you are getting double speeds, and its just by luck.
What about the people who pays for 2mbps and gets 512kbps?
And when they visit the MTNL node, they have to take their day off, then time is being given to you.
And nobody comes or is bother to rectify the error.
You again have to sacrifice your valuable time..... and 'teh' cycle will never break.
MTNL sucks BIG TIME. You know that. Reason being 'LUCK' is THE DECIDING FACTOR FOR GOOD SERVICE.

eh???

mtnl's default line rate is 2560 that just above 2560, if someeone is getting 512 on 2mbps its mostly beacuse server load or line probs!!!
by reading your thing it seems you can never appreciate no matter how good a product is!! i bet you would have read a hideous reason like this before!!considering your 'conditions' u should not be happy even with a private player.

@dragon5677.....its because of these kind of "Lucky People", users like me pay for a 300kbps plan, but get an effective speed of only 5 Kilobytes or less than that.......and then when you call up their "HIGHLY EFFICIENT" Customer Care,. after about 100 odd attempts (I M NOT OVER-STATING.....i ahve actually counted upto that number) When finally you connect to the concerned person, they give you the standard answer - "Everything is clear from our side. Still we will send our ENGINEER (Lols) to your place"....and then what happens?? You have to remind them for 8-10 days that they had promised us a "Favour"......When the "Engineer" finally comes, you can easily make out that he's just a Peon.....he sees the speed and gives another Template answer - "I will report that to my senior"......I was fed up of this vicious circle and finally switched over to a Private player - Reliance, and they are really good.......If you can call MTNL's offering as a good product, then i think you have never ever seen what a good service is!!

@dragon5677.....

its because of these kind of "Lucky People", users like me pay for a 300kbps plan, but get an effective speed of only 5 Kilobytes or less than that.......and then when you call up their "HIGHLY EFFICIENT" Customer Care,. after about 100 odd attempts (I M NOT OVER-STATING.....i ahve actually counted upto that number) When finally you connect to the concerned person, they give you the standard answer - "Everything is clear from our side. Still we will send our ENGINEER (Lols) to your place"....and then what happens?? You have to remind them for 8-10 days that they had promised us a "Favour"......

When the "Engineer" finally comes, you can easily make out that he's just a Peon.....he sees the speed and gives another Template answer - "I will report that to my senior"......

I was fed up of this vicious circle and finally switched over to a Private player - Reliance, and they are really good.......

If you can call MTNL's offering as a good product, then i think you have never ever seen what a good service is!!

what i say is based on the customer service in my area!! Reliance, i wouldnt rely on them!! c'mon i was waiting for their guy to come a give their usb stick and he never came!!!

May be you are talking about Reliance Netconnect, ie, Wireless Internet.......I am talking about the Wired Line. And their CC is superb. Firstly, it doesnt have downtime that MTNL has.....whenever its down, it may be very temporary. If its a major thing also (2-3 times in last 2 odd years), then too they dont take much time to solve the issue.Just take the recent case - Firstly, it wasnt their fault - it was a weak connection due to some clean-up activity on our Terrace. But to begin with none of us knew that. I called them up at 5 in the morning, and they were at my place by 11:30AM that very day......

WOWWW!! 🙂 Reminder: Read the topic of the thread, then do not continue posting about reliance, this thread is related to pricing of mtnl, maybe only for happy mtnl customers!!I suggest we should start a new thread for the debate. How is the idea??

May be u r very much right!!But you know, when a discussion starts, its hard to keep a track on it as to how much related it is to the topic!! 🙂But i will try my best to not to post such things any more n this thread for sure.....

I think the only relevant place would be the Reliance Internet forum......In fact theres a thread existing over there in respect of Reliance Wired Line!!