Mtnl Blocking Access to VoIP Services?

• Thread starter Thread starter banda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 14,090
No issues here.. i am able to my Nokia n80i's voip / pap2 without issues.

QUOTE(jayesh @ Mar 7 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]82495[/snapback]
No issues here.. i am able to my Nokia n80i's voip / pap2 without issues.[/b]

jayesh sir u r great uc an do nething B)
hehehe emoticons :lol:
block here :blink:

I think he is talking about sip standard that has been provided by Nokia in E70... don't know about n80i. Or might be he is talking about mobile based client of many voip provider!!!!

Nokia N80 has built in VOIP client (and supports WiFi). So making VOIP calls shaould be as easy as normal calls if you are on WiFi enabled area.

Bang on .. N80 recently got the n80i firmware which introduces the VoIP client to the phone. For anyone to get its as simple as getting it via the Nokia software upgrade software. It is a full blown SIP client and supports multiple logins ... and as anyone who is using Voip here knows... nothing quite like a free VoIP call. ( heh i even setup my gf with an e61 ( Firmware 3 and above) so we could converse via my asterisk server...

The VoIP works brilliantly. I have so far tried it out with rapidvox, gizmophone, inphonex, teliax and 3 other sip providers. For skype i simply use fring. It works well too and good thing is supported over GPRS ( Though there is a lot of lag)

As for Wi-Fi i have it at home/office so for me to leave the Wi-FI client logged in and running is quite easy.

Muttster` you emoticon loving 😛 mutt err nut

QUOTE(netfreak @ Mar 8 2007, 05:04 PM) [snapback]82579[/snapback]
Nokia N80 has built in VOIP client (and supports WiFi). So making VOIP calls shaould be as easy as normal calls if you are on WiFi enabled area.[/b]

QUOTE(muttster` @ Mar 8 2007, 03:51 AM) [snapback]82519[/snapback]
jayesh sir u r great uc an do nething B)
hehehe emoticons :lol:
block here :blink:[/b]

i ll just block u straight 😛

means, i'd have to invest more on a new phone now???i just bought the 6270 a while back 🤔

QUOTE(jayesh @ Mar 8 2007, 09:20 PM) [snapback]82605[/snapback]
Bang on .. N80 recently got the n80i firmware which introduces the VoIP client to the phone. For anyone to get its as simple as getting it via the Nokia software upgrade software. It is a full blown SIP client and supports multiple logins ... and as anyone who is using Voip here knows... nothing quite like a free VoIP call. ( heh i even setup my gf with an e61 ( Firmware 3 and above) so we could converse via my asterisk server...[/b]

Jayesh where you from ?? I doubt from India becoz you have asterisk installed for personal use also girls
here in india prefer cute looking fone not the e61 u mentioned for ur gf.

Could you provide some more details of your Asterisk also about your experience of configuring it(if from india) for a personal home user??

Good idea.. I have been drooling over N80 for last couple of weeks now. Its price (~20 k) is the problem 🙁 .OTOH, 6270 runs Series 60 stack. Basically 6270 and N780 have different hardware but the Same OS. So, you should be able to find some cool Java / Symbian SIP app to make SIP calls from this phone.And if you do, then MTNL's unlimited EDGE connection (for ~400 pm) will come in handy as well.

I am from mumbai dude... i have setup an asterisk server at my own office and on my hosted servers which are abroad.. configuring it was no issue at all. Since you are familar with asterisk, you very well know what a functional piece of software it is. With it i have been able to establish all kind of dial-plans and setup virtual circuits without issues. If you want more details PM me and ill gladly help you out.

As for e61 and my gf... let's just say my gf is more connected than most... the reason i got her the e61 is because she was utilizing an older blackberry 7130 phone which really was a bad piece. Nokia e61 has blackberry connect and works brilliantly with her airtel connection. She is never more than an email away from me even when she is traveling or cant take calls.

QUOTE(GSV13 @ Mar 9 2007, 11:16 AM) [snapback]82688[/snapback]
Jayesh where you from ?? I doubt from India becoz you have asterisk installed for personal use also girls
here in india prefer cute looking fone not the e61 u mentioned for ur gf.

Could you provide some more details of your Asterisk also about your experience of configuring it(if from india) for a personal home user??[/b]

You got it completely wrong my friend...6270 is NOT s60v3! it is based on the s40 code namely S40V3 and will not be able to support a sip client ( unless nokia builds it into a future release)

QUOTE(netfreak @ Mar 9 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]82689[/snapback]
Good idea.. I have been drooling over N80 for last couple of weeks now. Its price (~20 k) is the problem 🙁 .

OTOH, 6270 runs Series 60 stack. Basically 6270 and N780 have different hardware but the Same OS.

So, you should be able to find some cool Java / Symbian SIP app to make SIP calls from this phone.

And if you do, then MTNL's unlimited EDGE connection (for ~400 pm) will come in handy as well.[/b]

QUOTE(jayesh @ Mar 9 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]82737[/snapback]
I am from mumbai dude... i have setup an asterisk server at my own office and on my hosted servers which are abroad.. configuring it was no issue at all. Since you are familar with asterisk, you very well know what a functional piece of software it is. With it i have been able to establish all kind of dial-plans and setup virtual circuits without issues. If you want more details PM me and ill gladly help you out.[/b]

How have u interfaced it to the PSTN switch? digium card i presume..are they available in India at affordable rates?

I was considering converting my old celeron 500 mhz into an asterix server..but then currently i dont need that kind of functionality..my ATA is more than sufficient

If somebody needs a quick setup guide for asterix, its available at http://members.optusnet.com.au/~bsharif/as...skForDumbMe.htm

Yep!

Digum TE210P to be exact... i got it from the U.S not sure of rates in india..

What ata are u using?

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Mar 9 2007, 09:32 PM) [snapback]82740[/snapback]
How have u interfaced it to the PSTN switch? digium card i presume..are they available in India at affordable rates?

I was considering converting my old celeron 500 mhz into an asterix server..but then currently i dont need that kind of functionality..my ATA is more than sufficient

If somebody needs a quick setup guide for asterix, its available at http://members.optusnet.com.au/~bsharif/as...skForDumbMe.htm[/b]