Mtnl Blocking Access to VoIP Services?

• Thread starter Thread starter banda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 14,093
I've been using mtnl triband since 3 years n have recently got their voip connection.
I have been using a Nokia e65, ......n i wana configure mtnl's voip too,

You have the VOIP connection based on a land line configuration I guess.
handset connected to VOIP device+ Voip device connected to Wires
I dont think that will be accessible via your Mobile phone E65

they probably told you the security B*S* to get you off their backs
coz they dont understand what ur talking about
and those that understand you cant and will not talk to you

yea thats whats happening. i talked to a couple of engineers. no1 helped me. the superiors said they cant give me, and the juniors tried to find out, but couldnt! but why cant i connect my phone. they told me at the time of installation, that i can take another SIP device from them and can connect and use it anywhere in the world. that means we can connect this device with any of the wired landline network operators of the world.even if that is not possible, i will be using my mobile to connect to only mtnl networks, as im using mtnl triband (wifi enabled) at my home as well as office.

i have mtnl wireless broadband , i am intrested in using sifytalk voip service as they are providing me one no unlimited free , they give ATA-S1 Device which need to be dual netted , but while device configuration of ATA-S1 along with mtnl wireless, its showing port-con block.....what will be the issue can any one update me for the same.....

i can take another SIP device from them and can connect and use it anywhere in the world.
that means we can connect this device with any of the wired landline network operators of the world.

I don't believe that is what they mean. You don't connect your SIP device on a PSTN. You connect it to a LAN port on a router.

If you want to utilise the MTNL VOIP service, then1) You should have a Triband Connection2) You have to subscribe for the VOIP service and they will provide the SIP Adaptor.The adaptor is very important that you cannot use any adaptor from the market.You have to take it from MTNL only since this adaptor is used for authentication and initiating calls. Be sure that your case is satisfied with these two conditions.You may use any kind of VOIP service which are running through internet traffic.They are never blocked by MTNL since it goes through normal internet channel .These services are equivalent to yahoo voice chat.

If you want to utilise the MTNL VOIP service, then
1) You should have a Triband Connection
2) You have to subscribe for the VOIP service and they will provide the SIP Adaptor.The adaptor is very important that you cannot use any adaptor from the market.You have to take it from MTNL only since this adaptor is used for authentication and initiating calls.
Be sure that your case is satisfied with these two conditions.

You may use any kind of VOIP service which are running through internet traffic.They are never blocked by MTNL since it goes through normal internet channel .These services are equivalent to yahoo voice chat.

Just a small clarification to ensure that the above post is not misunderstood.
While you need to be a MTNL Triband customer to avail of MTNL VOIP, they encourage you to take two SIPs so that you can install one here and the other given to your loved one abroad. This may be connected through any ISP. In other words, it is not essential that a SIP must be connected in a MTNL Triband system only. It should work from any ethernet LAN port to any other ethernet LAN port that has internet connectivity.

Is it possible to use MTNL VoiP to do Voip to US landline calls? VoiP to ATA?