MTNL ADSL data usage counting fraud

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,401
ISP
MTNL
I happened to check the data usage at office and around 5 GB which was downloaded on 31st October evening has been counted in November usage. One can argue that technically one can download around 5 GB from 00:00 hrs to 01:23 hrs but as said earlier, I had myself downloaded 5 GB in the evening of 31st because I had 20 GB data left.
Now I am already over 5 GB of my this month's quota of 25 GB. 🙁
So this is a clear fraud which MTNL would like to pass on as a simple website coding mistake. (By the way this applies to VDSL users too if your username ends with @a)
But be warned. Turn off your modem completely 10 minutes before midnight (23:50 hrs) on last day of every month. (10 minutes before because MTNL server sometimes runs 10 minutes late and the server guys keep on fiddling with server timings)

MTNL is behaving just like the pvt players be it mobile, broadband or land lilne connection now a days.

This use to happen when I had 590NU plan...... in 2007 or 08....... 10PM NU period started..... but unlike present day..... we had to manually reset the router at 10 or 10:05PM...... otherwise it just keeps on counting MB's even after 10PM.......
But thx for the heads-up.....