MTNL 512Kbps plan

• Thread starter Thread starter rhlprap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,933

rhlprap

ISP
Hathway
Guys my friend got the mtnl 512Kbps unlimited plan yesterday its cost is Rs 599 whn i checked its speed on speedtest it showed 1.87Mbps for download. so my question is that is the speed same all the time or was it just one day rush? i mean it was the first day so speeds might have been up coz im using hathway 512kbps and i get speeds upto 64 kbps only,so if mtnl can give 225kbps on torrents im ready to buy it

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

this is in mumbai btw

This seems to be a mumbai only phenomena , irrespective of whatever MTNL plan you buy , you get 2mbps for sometime , some people get it for a few days , some for weeks . Ultimately , it reverts back to your original plan speeds

MTNL have been known to give 2Mbps for new customer for a week or two. Enjoy it while it lasts. You will only know after 2 weeks.

This seems to be a mumbai only phenomena , irrespective of whatever MTNL plan you buy , you get 2mbps for sometime , some people get it for a few days , some for weeks . Ultimately , it reverts back to your original plan speeds

Nope, happens in Delhi too........happened to me.

In my case they suddenly started providing 2mbps since i use to crazely complain online for some minor issue or the other. Even if I was getting proper speeds I use to complain unnecessarly. So being fed up they increased my speed to 2mbps as I was a very old customer of MTNL( since 5 years). So now I dont think my speeds will ever be reduced:dance:. I download more than 150GB every month. Getting 2mbps since 3 months now.
https://www.speedtest.net

I have an Airtel Broadband Connection, but now I am planning to shift to MTNL, coz of Airtel's Fair Usage Policy....cud anyone tell me as to hows MTNL service coz as for Airtel is concerned it was kinda flawless...

^
[*] First and foremost, the obvious - MTNL no Fair Usage Policy
[*]airtel is slightly more stable than MTNL.
[*]MTNL has better pings (latency).
[*]Airtel has better QoS.
[*]Customer service of Airtel is much better.
[*]MTNL has a stupid 6 hr auto-disconnect policy.
[*]Speeds with MTNL are slightly lower than promised coz of PPPoE overhead loss, Airtel has more than adequate compensation for overhead loss hence most people get slightly more than promised speed.
[*]Airtel blocks VoIP service providers and periodically tends to censor other web content as well, MTNL has a clean record no blocks whatsoever.
[/list]

^

[*]airtel is slightly more stable than MTNL.
[*]MTNL has better pings (latency).
[*]Airtel has better QoS.
[*]Speeds with MTNL are slightly lower than promised coz of PPPoE overhead loss, Airtel has more than adequate compensation for overhead loss hence most people get slightly more than promised speed.
[*]Airtel blocks VoIP service providers and periodically tends to censor other web content as well, MTNL has a clean record no blocks whatsoever.
[/list]
My dear Cyberwiz,
One simple question : Can you download truly unlimited using AirtTel. I think no!!! because of their fcuking Fair Uses Policy. I download approx 60-80 GBs a month.

MTNL is as stable as Airtel. If not better. In last 2yrs, net for me has gone down just 2-3 times infact I have forgotten the count!!Anyway touchwood!!

using MTNL from last 3 years without any problemMTNL service is faster than any service in my opinion i use to download around 100GB without any problemnever use Airtel,so don't know about them

MTNL Mumbai TRIBAND has been super...have been using it for past for 3 yrs. NOT FUP..No Censored or Blocked Sites (other than savita bhabhi!!..LOl 😀)...Zilch downtime...just unadulterated 1 Mbps for 999/-. in fact i continued to enjoy speed of 2 Mbps for full one yr after i migrated from 599 limited to unlimited plan..my speed was capped to 1 mbps, when mtnl doubled their plan speeds for the first time .:cool2:

My dear Cyberwiz,
One simple question : Can you download truly unlimited using AirtTel. I think no!!! because of their fcuking Fair Uses Policy. I download approx 60-80 GBs a month.

ofcourse Airtel has Fair Usage Policy (the new plans have minuscule Fair Usage Policy's) MTNL has no Fair Usage Policy.

@tech123

The upload speeds provided by MTNL seem to be pathetic. .2 mb/s on 2 mmb/s download is very bad, right?

I will have trouble keeping a ratio on private p2p trackers with this upload speed. 🙁

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

^
[/list]

is auto-disconnect like reboot of the router??

Auto-disconnection means that a new session/new IP is started/assigned every 6 hours. Although it happens quickly, downloads do get affected especially if you are downloading from sites like RS.