MTNL 3g unlimited plan -nid detail

• Thread starter Thread starter kronit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 197
  • Views Views 39,168
Hi x720 .. Urs is MTNL 3G sim or something else .. coz i see "mahanagar nigam telecom limited" in the ISP name and urs is showing "NIB" ..
and can u tell me ur modem specification .. is it 3.6 or 7.2 MBPS ? bcoz a 3.6 MBPS wont be able to deliver 3.94 MBPS as shown here.. may be thats the issue with my speeds .. m putting the results that i just had ..

https://www.speedtest.net/result/1488714192.png

Thanks in advance ..

That speed test in my signature is of my bsnl wireline. I was talking about getting 2.5 mbps on mtnl 3g. Yes I have an mtnl 3g sim, I use it in my phone which supports 7.2 mbps down and 5.76 mbps up.

e_abhi said:
Hey thanks for the quick reply .. I am using it in sector-21 Gurgaon, just behind INFOSPACE ... I am getting full signal strength, but still my actual download speeds are never more than 60 KBPS (ocassional spikes to 80-90 KBPS happens, but that hardly remains for a fraction of a second) ... The bandwidth range you mentioned as of today still should give you somewhere between 100-125 KBPS download speed on an avg.. right ? At worst, when the bandwidth is aroung .6 as u mentioned, it should be giving u around 75 KBPS .. is that the case ?

Again , mine is a 3.6 MBPS modem and not 7.2 MBPS .. to my knowledge, it should not make any difference to the speeds with MTNL network .. still I would like to have more thoughts on it and any ideas on that ..

----------

hi! we facing the same problem here..... and i mail to 1503@bol.net.in...
the mtnl people in ur area limit the ur tower speed arond 750kbps for giving benefit to other users....means other mobile operator ..... of course for this they pay a good money to that people ......
so u 1st call costumer care and take a complaint no. and mail to 1503@bol.net.in ::::::::::::: note= costumer care people also hesitate to give complaint no...
SO MAIL MTNL ......

e_abhi said:
Hey thanks for the quick reply .. I am using it in sector-21 Gurgaon, just behind INFOSPACE ... I am getting full signal strength, but still my actual download speeds are never more than 60 KBPS (ocassional spikes to 80-90 KBPS happens, but that hardly remains for a fraction of a second) ... The bandwidth range you mentioned as of today still should give you somewhere between 100-125 KBPS download speed on an avg.. right ? At worst, when the bandwidth is aroung .6 as u mentioned, it should be giving u around 75 KBPS .. is that the case ?

Again , mine is a 3.6 MBPS modem and not 7.2 MBPS .. to my knowledge, it should not make any difference to the speeds with MTNL network .. still I would like to have more thoughts on it and any ideas on that ..

----------

hi! we facing the same problem here..... and i mail to 1503@bol.net.in...
the mtnl people in ur area limit the ur tower speed arond 750kbps for giving benefit to other users....means other mobile operator ..... of course for this they pay a good money to that people ......
so u 1st call costumer care and take a complaint no. and mail to 1503@bol.net.in ::::::::::::: note= costumer care people also hesitate to give complaint no...
SO MAIL MTNL ......