MTNL 3G Jadoo Setup on iPhone for 3G services

Believe me the customer "care" doesn't really "care" about the needs of it's customers in the case if mtnl.
I was asking them the settings for mms and they got me on hold for 7 minutes before cutting the line on my face... They get full marks for customer satisfaction for this.

Yup THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

@ Dr. Aman what u an do is spent 20 minutes of your andoads of brain and launch a complain at customer care 300. Have done it today. And they say they will get back in 24 hrs. Hope 3g works soon coz Mtnl edge and GPRS sucks big time

Hey Guys.I also bought a Jaddo 3G connection here in Delhi today, hoping that it would work on my iPhone 3GS (officially unlocked from HK), but its not working, should I use the following settings for delhi:APN- pps3gUsername - mtnlPassword mtnl3g?? Please advise

@Dr AmanWhich part of Delhi are you from... North or South?@Raghav...Your 3G internet started working again...?Did any of the customer care guys help...?Did you buy a Data card of free internet usage along with the new connection...? or you are using from the 25 mb free and phone prepaid balance...I talked to people in Sanchaar Haat Hauz Khas and one of the 3G officers said that you have to buy "data card" of free internet usage for using HSDPA internet service...else i will get slow internet speeds only through edge technology...it makes no sense...

Hi I am able to access the 3 g from both east Delhi where I practice as well as from north Delhi as well though the service is patchy with shift between 3 g and edge .I bought a data card 250 bucks for 500 mb which is very good value for money.btw I got a better battery backup after upgrading to 3.1.2 from3.1 how is the battery life on your 3gs and how much did the 3 gs cost you in Bangkok .

Hey Dr...thanks for the reply...
Sadly it's not working as smooth on south Delhi...
I am not sure of 3gs cost in Bangkok...I got my 3G here from India...
Did you try working on your 3G Internet before using data card...
I don't want to buy it an end up wasting some good money if doesn't work after that...

----------

I didn't find much difference in the battery backup after upgrading to 3.1.2...
Rather I notice a small decline in phone's battery usage time...

@dr Aman yes I have been using the 250 rupees data card. I am in a medical college in east Delhi and it works perfect here. I got the 3gs 16 Gb for 35K. It's from bankok.Also if you look at the changelog of 3.1.2 Apple says they only fixed 3 bugs. It does not really mention battery I think. Of course if it's better then that's good but it may just be a "placebo"🙂@cherian if you ever get mms working do tell me the settings.

Sadly it's not working as smooth on south Delhi...

It is WORKING? It ain't working for me in South Delhi.
Btw, it does work for me in East Delhi and Noida.

No man...I have many failed attempts to make it work in south Delhi...
I can only access through edge...
Is it working for you in other areas...that's cool...
I don't know how long will it take mtnl guys to get it's network working in south...
Did you buy a data card...?

----------

By the way...I tried my sim in my friends mobile Sony xperia...
In that phone the network would rapidly shift between hsdpa to edge to GPRS...
And it worked for around 3 seconds in multiple breaks...but each time it was able to download around 400 kb data in a sec...

working settings for mtnl mumbai 3Gaccess point:gprsppsmumusername:mtnlpassword:mtnl123For the people, not using Nokia PC Suit.Go to Control Panel, then Modem, Choose modem and put [at+cgdcont=1,"ip","gprsppsmum"] without brackets, then simply create a dialup connection in known way and you are set to go

I have MTNL Dolphin postpaid connection, got 3G activated recently. it's working with sonyericsson Aino u10i, but not working in iPhone 3G unlocked using Ultrasn0w.

3G sign shows up on the task bar on iPhone 3G, but says "could not activate cellular data network: you are not subscribed to a cellular data service".

Please guys help, details of my iPhone 3G are as follows.

firmware:3.0
unlocked: Ultrasn0w
baseband: 4.26.08

APN: mtnl3g
username: mtnl
password: mtnl123

Note: these settings are working for Sony ericsson Aino u10i