MTNL 3G Jadoo Setup on iPhone for 3G services

After talking to some technical guy at MTNL, who seems to knew what was the problem. According to him MTNL needs to get the IMEI of iPhones on MTNL unblocked (for 3G browser support), which enables 3G browsing on iPhone from the manufacturer (Apple). He said they are doing this on regular basis as more and more people of iPhone are getting registered for MTNL 3G service. It was laso mentioned that it may take upto a month to do that.Which basically translates into, Apple has some hardcoded settings on the instrument associated with IMEI that it can only acess certain 3G networks and once MTNL submits the IMEI of said iPhones to Apple, they provide some sort of code which basically unlocks the 3G functionality for MTNL or may be all the 3G networks.If this helps, please reply to the post.

I dont think that is the problem...The basic problem is with the network...this is so because i can use 3G when i am in Shahadara and not in South Ex.I dont think my IMEI number will get registered and deregistered so quickly...

Does the problem still persist in South Delhi? I just bought a 3GS and was planning to get an mtnl 3g plan..

Hi,I just got the MTNL 3G today and was super excited because I had not read these stories before...My stupidity...didnt research...Did nybody find any solution to this problem...coz I also have an unlocked iPhone...and am facing the same problem...sitting here in east of kailash, Delhi.Also, one more question if anybody can help me with that as well...do we have to manually shift between 3G and EDGE networks erytime???

Hi, Tried following settining in Delhi and it workedAPNuser gprsppsdelusername mtnlpassword mtnl123