MTNL 384 unlimited plan speed!!!!!

crazyman818

ISP
MTNL
hi,i am currently using the 849 Nite unltd plan and has speed between 256 kbps to 2 mbps and planning to switch to the 384 unlimited plan for 749. i am getting an avg speed of 1.5 mbps, will this continue if i change, to the 384 unltd plan????..will my speed decrease to around 384 kbps???....i have heard that there are speed probems in the new unlimited plans, is this true????

It all depends on your luck. The time MTNL people will check your account, they will cap your speed to 384kbps.Till then utilize your download speed to its fullest :thumb:.

I am getting 2mbps UL on a 256kbps UL connection (Rs 599 per month) since Feb 2009. The key here is to not get too greedy. I download around 20 to 30 GB per month on that connection. If you start downloading say 100GB per month on that connection, then someone will have a close look at the connection and downgrade it to a regular 256 kbps one.

It's all on luck. Nowadays, they are more alert and change speed within 7 to 10 days. So it all depends on luck.