MT882 Modem Splitterbox went off/Spare

• Thread starter Thread starter Debdinno
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5,310

Debdinno

ISP
bsnl
After a thunderstrike :ashamed:last month my Broadband Internet became very unstable , though my pc was switched off during the thunderstrike . BSNL people came and checked and told me that the SPLITTER BOX of my smartAx MT882 white modem has been burnt away.As i purchased this modem from BSNL ,and BSNL is no more liable to give me a spillter box and they told me to buy this thing from market.My question is is this splitter box available in market????? My problem has been i can connect my internet in WIN98 and browse but it gets disconnected after 3-4 minutes,In winxp it shows connected but cannot open anything and data transfer remains stagnant. My pc is dual booted with both 98 and xp.Any solution to buy/repair the Huwae SPLITTER BOX??I have asked some shops in Calcutta ; they do not keep HUWAE accessories....

After a thunderstrike :ashamed:last month my Broadband Internet became very unstable , though my pc was switched off during the thunderstrike . BSNL people came and checked and told me that the SPLITTER BOX of my smartAx MT882 white modem has been burnt away.

As i purchased this modem from BSNL ,and BSNL is no more liable to give me a spillter box and they told me to buy this thing from market.My question is is this splitter box available in market?????

My problem has been i can connect my internet in WIN98 and browse but it gets disconnected after 3-4 minutes,In winxp it shows connected but cannot
open anything and data transfer remains stagnant. My pc is dual booted with both 98 and xp.

Any solution to buy/repair the Huwae SPLITTER BOX??I have asked some shops in Calcutta ; they do not keep HUWAE accessories....

splitter box is not Huawei , but is local make u can get anywhere in the market the cost ranges from rs 60 onwards.

even on ebay it is there --

eBay India: ADSL Splitter Filter Broadband Modem (item 280271067741 end time 03-Oct-2008 14:00:00 IST)

Just buy a good quality one locally or from ebay and enojy ...😗

Madan Street, any computer spares shop .
ask for Rj11 adsl splitter.
Take the burnt one as sample.

See picture for schematic diagram. ( Probably condenser/s punctured burnt )
Mainly intended for phone. You may hear "hissing" noise without the splitter. when phone is used.( Also when handset is lifted the surge could disconnect BB connection . guess work !)
As DC is present in the lines could affect modem.But diagram shows it goes directly from line !
This little device is not a dodecahedron, there are no mystical powers hidden inside this little device. The function of the splitter is to separate and block any unwanted frequencies to reach the phone and adsl modem. The filter/splitter was designed to be a low pass filter acting upon the phone section.

Para two : post ipconfig/all with Xp.
Start/ run type cmd type ipconfig/all
2. IN IE open 192.168.1.1 admin admin
Summary Page : showing snr,attn , line speed ,mod selected etc .

CAUTION....................CAUTION............CAUTION The splitters at Chadni, do not have built-in circuit reqd for such splitter. You can get original ADSL Splitter at Bowbazar.Contact 9831112548.

Thanks. :redface:Now what i have done i have opened the splitter box , and made the internet line direct, so disconnected the phone line. Internet working fine. Does it make any harm to the modem???? i know that when a phone comes internet may get disconnected or data may get corrupted.But i am asking does it harm anything else????!?????

No. Before your family complains of noise in phone get the ADSL splitter !If there are parallel connections in different rooms use separate splitters ONLY for the PHONE/S !