• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,617

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
Sorry, I am a complete idiot on this topic, and since the vast majority of help sites are tailored for the US, I can't get much out of them.So, can anyone tell me how to use MSN or other instant messengers like AOL, Yahoo messenger on cell phones, and the costs associated with it?

I think this is how its doneFor Yahoo msnger, go to Messenger->preferences->general-> Edit mobile devicethen enter your mobile number(+91mobile number)then again go to Messenger->preferences->generaland then click on "sign in to mobile device everytime you log out"Now, when ever you wish to lig out and log onto your mobile, click on the Messenger->Sign into +91mobile numberand you will receive a msg on your mob tha tyou have signed into Yahoo msnger....I use an Aircel/RPG mobile. for me, replying to messages is free, but logging on and logging off by sending an sms, and checking who is online, costs Rs.2...

so basically it's like sending SMSes back and forth??Isn't there a way that you can actually have a GUI based messenger on? (Using JAVA/WAP or something like that? - I'm clueless).

U can log on to Y! Messenger using a WAP enabled cellphone.
Access http://in.mm.yahoo.com from the WAP device. I have been using it for years. 😀

You only need to pay for your GPRS plan and nothing else. 😱

Thanks, what GPRS plan are you using and what are the costs?

There's Hutch GPRS Plan99 for unlimited WAP browsing + MMS on ur phone. Only 99/- per month. Avlbl on prepaid and postpaid. 🙂