Mozilla on Knoppix does not work

chewinggumking

Chewer of Gum
ISP
MTNL
Hello PeopleI am a brand new convert to MTNL Triband and I'm Lovin' it. I have this one problem though. When I boot Knoppix 4 from the live cd, Mozilla refuses to load any pages whatsoever but the other browser "Knoquerer" which I think is based on Mozilla works perfectly.I have a DSL502 connected to the computer via ethernet. Mozilla works great on Windows XP but refuses to load any pages in Knoppix and even Damn Small Linux. I'm stumped and any help would be greatly welcome.CheersChew

Yeah man i just started exploring world of linux.Will be able to answer ur query after attaining enlightenment 😛 1. See if any firewall blocking mozilla.2. Settings like DNS and all if required entered correctly.3. Mozilla is damn boring browser. (Atleast for me :lol: )

which version of knoppix are you using .. IS it mozilla browser or mozilla firefox you are refering too ? Check the network settings in mozilla . Anyway reinstalling mozilla/ffox should repair ur problem but if you are booting for fun and not saving settings on hd then its waste of time because you will have to do same things everytime u boot ..

Ok it's Knoppix 4 that runs off the CD... I've saved my sessions to USB Drive. The Mozilla Firefox that comes pre-installed with the Live CD is the one that is giving me the problem but the Konquerer Web browser works perfectly fine. This is beginning to bug me now so all help will be greatly welcome.CheersChew

did u tried deleting all ur firefox srttings ( delete hidden .mozilla folder in ur home directory ) . Also run firefox from a teminal and see if it gives some error message .

since youre using knoppix, youll have to do this everytime...if it has nano editor, goto console and do this :nano /etc/resolv.confnow just edit the file showing :nameserver 203.94.227.70nameserver 203.94.243.70press ctrl+x to exitdone...if youre using a real distro, change this once and its done...

i doubt if it will work . If it was a dns problem then even konqueror shouldnt have worked 😛 .

i faced problem configurin in bridge mode ... tried out the soln for ppp but does not work hope i get some sol plz try out ppl

I Know This... Happened To Me Once... I Tried Firefox On Knoppix... Didn't Get Any Response... So Moved To Konqueror... And Some Dialog Box Showed Up Askin Me Whether I Want To Save The Cookies Or Not... I Said Yes (Always)... Somthin Like That... And Then Both Of Them Were Workin Fine...Alrite I Know This Seems Stupid... But It Worked For Me...

why do you think ubuntu is for bachhas ?? It can do almost everything a gentooo or any other linux can do 😛 .. Besides as its based on debian you have a huge repository to save u ./configure&&make &&make install times 😛 ( I dont use it though but still not fair to say that its not good 🙂 )

OKay people I did solve it quite quickly. I went to the router DSL 502T Home > DNS used user configured dns and then changed it to the 2 MTNL DNS servers mentioned above. That sorted everything out for me.BTW no flavor of linux would load up pages in Firefox for me before I did that. I tried Ubuntu, Damn Small Linux, Mepis..... but all of them worked after the changes I made to the DNS settings in my router. Hope this helps people in the future. CheersChew

nah, gentoo rocks !
its much much more faster, and you get maximum control over what you want to install...

heres a screenshot of my gentoo install 🙂
bit old i know 😛

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7259/snapshot58nr.jpg