Mozilla on Knoppix does not work

chewinggumking

Chewer of Gum
[OP]
Mar 24, 2006
Hello PeopleI am a brand new convert to MTNL Triband and I'm Lovin' it. I have this one problem though. When I boot Knoppix 4 from the live cd, Mozilla refuses to load any pages whatsoever but the other browser "Knoquerer" which I think is based on Mozilla works perfectly.I have a DSL502 connected to the computer via ethernet. Mozilla works great on Windows XP but refuses to load any pages in Knoppix and even Damn Small Linux. I'm stumped and any help would be greatly welcome.CheersChew

sanke1

Aug 1, 2005
Mumbai
Yeah man i just started exploring world of linux.Will be able to answer ur query after attaining enlightenment :p 1. See if any firewall blocking mozilla.2. Settings like DNS and all if required entered correctly.3. Mozilla is damn boring browser. (Atleast for me :lol: )

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
Dec 19, 2004
which version of knoppix are you using .. IS it mozilla browser or mozilla firefox you are refering too ? Check the network settings in mozilla . Anyway reinstalling mozilla/ffox should repair ur problem but if you are booting for fun and not saving settings on hd then its waste of time because you will have to do same things everytime u boot ..

chewinggumking

Chewer of Gum
[OP]
Mar 24, 2006
Ok it's Knoppix 4 that runs off the CD... I've saved my sessions to USB Drive. The Mozilla Firefox that comes pre-installed with the Live CD is the one that is giving me the problem but the Konquerer Web browser works perfectly fine. This is beginning to bug me now so all help will be greatly welcome.CheersChew

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
Dec 19, 2004
did u tried deleting all ur firefox srttings ( delete hidden .mozilla folder in ur home directory ) . Also run firefox from a teminal and see if it gives some error message .

cyanide

lol
Regulars
Apr 1, 2006
Home
since youre using knoppix, youll have to do this everytime...if it has nano editor, goto console and do this :nano /etc/resolv.confnow just edit the file showing :nameserver 203.94.227.70nameserver 203.94.243.70press ctrl+x to exitdone...if youre using a real distro, change this once and its done...

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
Dec 19, 2004
i doubt if it will work . If it was a dns problem then even konqueror shouldnt have worked :p .

bartman

Oct 26, 2005
i faced problem configurin in bridge mode ... tried out the soln for ppp but does not work hope i get some sol plz try out ppl