• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,346

armaan_99

Armaan
ISP
Airtel ₹1099
Jio ₹399 Plan
I am really confused, decided to move to D2H, been using Tata Sky from long time and due to recent price hike decided to move to D2H.
Can anybody here using HDDVR1000GB STB who can highlight below key points i have.
1. HDDVR cant have base pack with out HD pack,
2. Does D2h charge Rs30/month for activating recording service.
3. Non South packs can be opted if you are residing in South.
PS:- any other provider better than D2H suggestions welcom.
Regards,
Armaan

You will spend much more than the price hike to change to an inferior product.

armaan_99 said:
I am really confused, decided to move to D2H, been using Tata Sky from long time and due to recent price hike decided to move to D2H.
Can anybody here using HDDVR1000GB STB who can highlight below key points i have.
1. HDDVR cant have base pack with out HD pack,
2. Does D2h charge Rs30/month for activating recording service.
3. Non South packs can be opted if you are residing in South.
PS:- any other provider better than D2H suggestions welcom.
Regards,
Armaan
I have been using D2h for 5 months now, was using Tatasky for over 7 years, had multiroom and HD both. Post moving to D2h i am having SD TS and HD d2h. One perception that is out there is that quality of HD channels is better in TS, well this was broken after moving to D2h. Also i pay quite less to what i would end up paying to watch the same HD channels in TS. I do not record programs nor i have a recording STB so would not be able to comment on the same. coming to few good things in D2h, i get 21 hd channels in Rs 345 its cheaper than what i was paying in TS to watch lesser channels. The HD access fee is a deal breaker for TS. my STB has a RF remote which is a pleasure as it feels good to operate the remote from anywhere in the room without worrying about line of sight. Some negatives, the remote feel and quality doesn't look to be that great, but i have not faced any issues so far. The STB interface takes time to learn and yes the channels switching takes 5 sec +, its a bit slower than TS. But i have got used t it as i watch only HD channels on DTH. There are plenty of packs to opt for. You can go for South Gold HD as it has most of the HD channels apart from premium content and is Rs 399 per month. Another advantage with D2h is you recharge online and you get 3% extra. Also if you recharge 7 days in advance you also get Rs 15 extra. So on a monthly recharge of Rs 350, i roughly end up getting Rs 375 every month. Rs 10 for cashback and Rs 15 for early recharge. This is again more that what i ever got in TS by recharging before my due date.
So review the same and take a call.

Hmm a positive side to look at D2H now..... Decided to go with any one of the HD ANNUAL packs with STB (USB RECORDING)
1. HD gold entertain pack @ 4640
2. South gold HD pack @ 5350
3. South Platinium HD pack @ 6660

All above packs also comes with 15% discount with max cap of 1000. So south Platinium HD will come to 5660 for 12 months. In Tata Sky I need 7000 to get the mega HD pack.

Any user here with USB recording STB to throw some light on how it works.

Where is this 15% discount offered? The ebay brand store? If you buy from this store, let me know your experience.

balajik said:
Where is this 15% discount offered? The ebay brand store? If you buy from this store, let me know your experience.
Don't know about 15% discount .
Flat 15% off max discount of Rs 1000– Use Coupon code – D2HPROMO15
I spent Rs 1900 and ordered directly from d2h online site as no offer was there on ebay then.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Videocon-d2h-HD-Set-Top-Box-wit-1-Mth-Subscription-of-South-Gold-HD-Pack-/161275930820?pt=IN_LCD_LED_Plasma_Televisions&hash=item258ccb68c4&_uhb=1
For Folks looking for annual subscription for South Gold HD, the yearly offer is good on the D2h site.
http://d2honline.com/offer-details.php?id=39

Did you get any gift vouchers for buying from the D2H site?
That annual pack is also available on ebay.
I'm contemplating on buying this which also costs Rs. 1900 but has the better pack?

balajik said:
It is D2H official seller direct from company. Placed the 12 months HD Dvr STB, received a call already saying they will try and install it by 6 pm today. Ordered 10 mins back.

The ebay brand store is D2H official seller from the company? Will they be sending some local dealer to install the service?

balajik said:
The ebay brand store is D2H official seller from the company? Will they be sending some local dealer to install the service?
Yes that is what I can make out after placing the order. Local CRO will contact and install it.

Cool. Let us know how things turn out (quality of the HD transmission, STB, recorder etc.).
Also, let us know if you got any gift coupons (as specified on the D2H site) and 40 days extra for the annual subscription.

Installation done. I purchased from ebay hence there is no offer in terms of coupons and 40 days extra. Connected my Tata Sky HD to compare and found the clarity is good, I did not find any difference in clarity on my 32 inch Sony. Volume level looks low compare to TATASKY also channel change is little slow compared to Tatasky may be 2 sec extra, also when channel is changed volume goes to mute for 1sec after 5 sec and comes back, should get used to it.The STB is good, surprisingly the remote is of good built not the one I saw at my friends place with normal STB. UI in HD DVR is much better compare to there normal STB.
Ebay gives D2h cinema free for one month.... the same needs to be activated along with recording services, should get activated by tomorrow. Remote has better buttons in place compare to TATASKY.

Apart from volume I did not find much difference or issues moving from Tatasky. Just need to keep volume level in both TV and STB little higher.

It looks like the annual installation pack does not include the 40 days extra benefit. Only the annual package has it.
I won't be buying DVR. Just the HD STB. Hope the build quality of the STB and remote and the UI are good.