• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,968

netfreak

Regulars
ISP
Airtel GPRS EDGE + VSNL
Last week, My Old Aiwa VCD player could take it no longer and gave up one me. Probably it thought 9 years of abuse was enough 🙁 .

I am planning to pick up a 5.1 system. Looking at one from Sony.

http://www.sonyindia.co.in/sonyindia/produ...Number=DHC-AZ5D

Hope someone can give me examples of some DVD movies with great sound. I want to test drive 5.1 systems before buying one. Things I would like to test

1. Spatial sound
2. Loud blasts ( .1 channel )

This system can be connected to PC/Laptop (thru USB) so DivX files will do as well. I am not too much into music, use system mostly for watching movie DVDs.

And if someone owns this system (or any other Sony 5.1 system) , their feedback on sound quality is highly appreciated.

'The Incredibles' sounds great on 5.1Umm..'Exorcist-The beggining' also has awesome sound fx.

Gladiator......the atrium scene. I Suggest u check out Onkyo (if they have a showroom in ur city). They make some of the best HT systems They have similar compact 5.1 systems in the same price range and i won't be surprised if they sound way way better than the Sony one.

Thanks for the tip. Will look for Onkyo dealer in Mumbai. Had a look at JBL and Bose since these shops are near my place in Mumbai. JBL had a system in this range but that system did not have FM and Cassete deck. Hope the one from onkyo has these things. Only attractive thing about Sony is All-in-one kind of approach and PC connectivity.

Philips is crap anyways. Created a test DVD with ~Zero sound in 5 channels but 6 db loops in .1 channel. Did not feel any blast @ shop.Performance of Sony was good. Any Brand that you would recommend?

The Onkyo system won't have a cassette deck for sure but it will kick Sony's a** when it comes to playing dvd's. You could always connect ur existing deck to the onkyo receiver. I suggest u buy the system which sounds the best and get a stand-alone cassette deck if u need to. There will be very few good 5.1 systems (and by that i don't mean crappy mini-comp systems with countless LED's) which will bundle a cassette deck player coz well it's a total mismatch. If u still want an all-in-one mini-comps, then JVC and Sony are ur best bets. But if u decide to go for an out n out HT system, then Onkyo is the way to go and it'll be worth it.

hiI own one MP4 player from videocon the supplier said & tested with his DIVX CDbut my computer downloaded / converted DIVX clippings are not workingin computer same cd is working well(burned using nero burn software)any idea