Moved to D2H from TataSKY - BIG MISTAKE

• Thread starter Thread starter probuddha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 51,986
probuddha said:
I guess you're trying to say that the shifting is the best decision and not a lifetime poor decision. Well, I am now used to the picture quality and it seems okay to me.
The only complaint I have with D2H now, is their super laggy interface, it was updated about a month back, but no improvement with the lag. If videocon can fix the software and make it more fluid and responsive, that would be great.
Biggest Downside is Their Cheapest HARDWARE ! , its super laggy and responds after a min or so

ssparikshya said:
Biggest Downside is Their Cheapest HARDWARE ! , its super laggy and responds after a min or so
Not sure if it's the hardware or software, but whatever it is, it's super duper laggy and yes, the overall experience def feels cheap, especially for someone coming from TS

probuddha said:
lol...their own sales guy who starts off with "Your planning for shifting is lifetime poor decision i can say" 😀
God bless Videocon
he may have thought that you are planning to move to TS again ....

hi ,man i am not a sales guy of videocon ,some mistake in writing ,but "BHAwano of samjhho " .I always say Videocon is best than others ,now i think you got me. I am simple a Manager ( Mechanical) in Multi national Automobile company

Pritesh said:
hi ,man i am not a sales guy of videocon ,some mistake in writing ,but "BHAwano of samjhho " .I always say Videocon is best than others ,now i think you got me. I am simple a Manager ( Mechanical) in Multi national Automobile company
I think he meant "bhawanao Ko Samjho" 😛

Complain to Videocon customer service about picture quality, an engineer will try to re-align your dish to get better quality. Don't settle for anything less than 80-100% quality on the testing page.
If you get a lousy engineer, complain to the nodal officer, and he will see to it that you do get great picture quality.
I have used Tata Sky HD and Videocon HD, and I have found Videocon to be far superior, the picture quality in Tatasky was full of compression artifacts, whereas Videocon was always clean and crisp. Likely because Tatasky runs on Mpeg2 and Videocon on Mpeg4, which is a massive upgrade in itself. But Tatasky is now deploying mpeg4 services, so I expect Tata and Videocon to be on par.

I own both Videocon D2H and Tata Sky Connections in two of my homes. Both connections are SD (TS on 40" Samsung LED TV & D2H on 29" CRT TV), I don't see any difference picture quality. Both are equally good. If we compare it to Sun direct or dish TV D2H & TS are best in the market in terms of picture quality. If we compare it price wise D2H is the best one I guess. Tata Sky old STB used to be good quality but their new MP4 STB's are same as D2H's.

Moved from Tata Sky HD DVR to D2H HD DVR, I compared clarity on both, no much difference on 32 inch Sony LED. Series recording is only time based and not event wise. Guide UI is kinda weird in D2h and hence using favourite, solves the purpose. Showcase each movie is between 50-75, d2h pricing is 60 per month which gives 4 movies, better deal here with torrents getting disappear.