Motorola XOOM Finally Unveiled..

• Thread starter Thread starter coolbal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 5,060
for you maybe. for me? no sir.

may be when iOS is open sourced and Apple mobiles/tablets are available unlocked

Apple ipad is unlocked. i do not care if the mobile platform is open source or not. i do care about how much convenience it offers to me. for now android offers plenty more compared to ios.

800$ .. its 100 $ more than expected .. in this case its difficult for them to survice .. and with that they have data plan condition to activate wifi ...don't know why motorola want to kill xoom before its launch ???

actually i think verizon is to be blamed here. most mobile companies selling their devices in the US market are pretty much dependent upon the carriers. without their support, they struggle. google nexus one was a good example.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

and this is a rumor at the moment. that statement was seen on a leaked promo material for best buy. things could change before the launch expected for february 14. i have my doubts though. in any case xoom is just the first device and things are going to change comprehensively with the launch of other models based on android 3.0 in the coming weeks/months.

well... americans are not used to paying more than 200/300 dollars for their smartphones. in fact, most of them are used to paying zero dollars for the phone. before the smartphones became popular, almost all the feature phones were either free or below USD 50 with a contract.

But before iPhone they were the crappiest phones in the world, almost every phone being a flap phone.When I was there for the first time, I preferred prepaid (on the go) since all the phones were pathetic compared to my SE W800iNow they have all the lock-in smart phones. Bcos Nokia is down they get the best phones now

well times change. and things change with them. we used to have black and white television sets. now we have 3D HDTVs. anyways... two of the best mobile phones i have ever owned are... Panasonic GD88 and Nokia 2600... both are feature phones. 🙂 I have also owned the original Motorola RAZR. Loved that phone too.

RAZR was the odd one out in the crappy mobile phone stable of Motorola. But recently with Droid, they are getting better.Nokia were the undisputed No.1 then with phones which can withstand any rough conditions with awesome battery backup and best features. Those were the days...But still iPad2 will eat up into XOOM if that contract clause is true

well... you are missing the point. people going for ipad would go for ipad irrespective of the price tag. people do not want to go for the ipad (for one reason or the other) would not go for it no matter what. xoom is just ONE of the HUNDREDS of Android 3.0 Tablets that would arrive in the market. there would be tablets that would be subsidized by the carriers that would drive down the costing to smartphone level in the near future. ipad has pretty much no competition. there are two kinds of smartphone buyers in the market... one who can stand the Apple's arrogance and ios' limitations. and the others who cannot. i am in the second group. i still would not buy an iPhone/ipad in its current form. and this i say having spent around 60K in the last 12 months on 2 Android devices.

there are two kinds of smartphone buyers in the market... one who can stand the Apple's arrogance and ios' limitations. and the others who cannot. i am in the second group.

Please add me too to the second group :urock: