• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,247

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/16/motorola-stock-android-cross-carrier-phones-this-year/
Back in February, Google CFO Patrick Pichette said its recent purchase, Motorola, didn't "wow" on the smartphone front, but it looks like the two companies have long since smoothed over any hard feelings. Speaking to PC Mag, Motorola design chief Jim Wicks revealed plans for the first post-acquisition handsets, demonstrating a philosophy that seems perfectly in line with Mountain View. According to Wicks, his company is embracing stock Android with as little bloatware as possible, and hardware itself won't likely reach Galaxy Note II proportions; he says the new design philosophy is "better is better" rather than "bigger is better."
http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/16/4230996/motorola-developing-android-phones-with-stock-software-just-right-size
The dream of a stock Android phone that isn't too big to use with one hand was almost realized by the HTC First, but we may see some other options on the market in the near future, as well. According to a report from PC Mag, Motorola is working on new smartphones that will run 'stock' Android and will be smaller than the giant Android devices that have been dominating the market for the past couple of years.PC Mag spoke with Jim Wicks, Motorola's chief of design, who said that these new phones are the result of collaboration and influence from Google, as opposed to the other devices that Motorola has released in the time since Google acquired the company. "It will be the unadulterated version of Android, and I feel really good about our embracing Android and being the best Android experience," said Wicks when speaking about the new devices, adding "there's a sweet spot for consumers that we're currently exceeding in the market. There are some people that like a big display, but there's also a lot of people that want something that's just about right. I think 'just right' is important, and we're designing so we don't disappoint those people."

Eric Schmidt made a statement that the devices he saw under development at Motorola were mind boggling. He even went ahead and said that these were Phone+ (lol).
From what I see, Motorola has dug their own grave. They are promising big things and if they fail to deliver now, it would pretty much kill whatever reputation they have today in the market.

If Motorola is managed by Google, still it would fail?
I personally never used Motorola mobiles, but few people I know are fans of this brand.
Also it would be good to have handset with < 4 inch screen size with all advanced features.

Motorola is a very reliable brand. I have used many kind of phones from different manufactures but only Nokia, Motorola and Sony (former SE) delivered reliability and were consistent in it. And no, I am not living in past but these three manufacturers still have much better hardware than current market leader and other brands. They have great designs too. Motorola X phone(s) with vanilla Android experience would be worth of hype and waiting.
But Motorola has no official presence in India now. I doubt official availability of future Moto products in India. Google is unlikely to sell it via play store anywhere else let alone in India.

https://broadband.forum/larry-page-talks-incredible-products-developed-motorola-44036/
Battery life is a challenge for most people … you shouldn’t need to carry a charger around with you to make it through the day. If your kid spills their drink on your tablet, the screen shouldn’t die. And when you drop your phone, it shouldn’t shatter. There’s real potential to invent new and better experiences — ones that are much faster and more intuitive. So having seen Motorola’s upcoming products myself, I am really excited about the potential there. In just under a year they’ve accomplished a lot and have impressive velocity and execution.