Motorola Edge 20 Series

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Check Motorola Edge Deals on Amazon

The Flipkart listing touts the Motorola Edge 20 to be the slimmest 5G phone in the country at 6.9mm thickness and is also the first to ship with the Snapdragon 778G SoC and have support for 11 5G bands.
Motorola Edge 20 specifications
Motorola Edge 20 sports a 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED display with a punch-hole camera, 144Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, 10-bit colour and DCI-P3 colour space. It is powered by the Snapdragon 778 SoC coupled with Adreno 642L GPU, 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. The phone boots Android 11 OS and packs a 4,000mAh battery with 33W fast-charging support. The triple camera setup on the back will include a 108MP primary sensor, a 16MP ultra-wide-angle lens, an 8MP telephoto lens with up to 3x optical zoom and 30X digital zoom. There is a 32MP snapper on the front for selfies and video chats and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor for security. Connectivity features include 5G, 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi, MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, and USB Type-C port for charging and data transfer.

Motorola Edge 20 Lite specifications
Motorola Edge 20 Lite aka Motorola Edge 20 Fusion has a 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED display with a punch-hole camera, 90Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, 10-bit colour and DCI-P3 colour space. It ships with the MediaTek Dimensity 720 SoC coupled with Mali-G57 MC3 GPU, 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. The phone boots on Android 11 OS and packs a 5000mAh battery with 30W fast-charging support. The Motorola Edge 20 has triple cameras on the back with a 108MP primary sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2MP depth lens. There is a 32MP snapper on the front for selfies and video chats and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor for security. Connectivity features include 5G, 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and USB Type-C port for charging and data transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Highly tempted to get the fusion but out of stock on FK ...

Any negative points for this phone that anyone sees?

@vishalrao quality of updates is more of a concern. A member with G5 phone confirms the same.

Last edited:
Yeah I am looking forward to the stock android 12 experience... the yt videos of the betas look good

Any news of Moto resolution on wifi issues plaguing the Edge series?

Bought the Fusion variant for 20k from Flipkart earlier this month.

The September security update downloaded when I set it up.

Today got the notification for October security update and bugfixes but no mention of what bugs are supposedly fixed. I guess I'll find out in the coming days.

Anyone else with one of these phone variants have any feedback on issues you face and what bugs have been fixed by this update?

There's a few bugs and annoyances I've come across which I'm looking forward to seeing fixed, such as:

1. If you enable tap to wake screen option it also enables lift to wake which keeps triggering the screen at the slightest movement or vibration and I'm concerned about battery life due to gyro and accelerometer sensors being always on. No option to separately disable it.

2. The default colour scheme was blue coloured icon buttons in the notification drop down quick action buttons. When I applied a custom theme that changed the colour to cyan now I can't seem to be able to get the default colour back.

3. Notifications options seems to be missing the ability to prevent the contents from being displayed if you pick default audible alerts.

4. No perceived difference between 90hz and 60hz screen refresh rate.

5. Battery consumption seems to be on the higher side, at least compared to my samsung m21 which roughly has 20% more battery capacity but 40% more life with my moderate usage patterns. Perhaps the os isn't (yet) optimised to a high degree for the dimensity chipset?

That's all I can think of right now off the top of my head, please add anything else you have come across.

Also do mention what bug fixes you have noticed with this update?