Motorola Droid/Milestone could soon arrive in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 7,547
Even if it does, it wouldn't be exciting. They would sell it at its MRP - I think that's around 30K, and then the network just sucks.

Buying these phones in India - atleast directly from the operator is sheer waste of money. Makes the phone just not worth it.

it remains the safest way to get your hands on a genuine phone that has a valid warranty considering mobile devices do not usually come with global support.

I will wait one more year to decide between, Windows Mobile 7 (unlikely), Android 2.x or Nokia N900 series phones - most likely I will get a Nokia seeing how nice the N900 is...

Since I am in London for a few weeks, plan to visit Apple and Nokia stores, will try to click pics/vids of the devices there...Too bad for Nokia - I do hope they release more models based on maemo/linux especially with latest Qt kinetic animations and capacitive touchscreen! I'm very impressed by N900 specs just a little to early for me...

----------

ooh. you are in london!

can you do me a favor... check if motorola milestone is available in unlocked version?

----------

i had rather go for that instead of Nokia n900 (lack of third party support 🙁 )

Yes, Android 2.0 on this device is looking pretty.... and I am a Motorola fan for its tech history 🙂 Currently own a 4.5 yr old RAZR

😀 if you find one... and the price is right... 😀 can you smuggle in for me? 😀

sure, let me brave the weather this sunday to check out the iPhone 3gs and n900 (been delaying it the past few weeks)... i dont yet know where to catch the moto droid/milestone device... will search for it...

----------

but me actually purchasing any hardware is highly unlikely considering UK prices are way overboard compared to what you can get from US or middle-east/asia...

crap. i was mistaken before. milestone is not yet launched in UK! it would launch on december 7. blah.

----------

Buy a Motorola MILESTONE Android 2.0 Smartphone (UK, Black, QWERTY), #MOT_MSTONEBLK_UK - eXpansys UK

£449.99 unlocked. typical UK style pricing.

UK£ 449.99 = 34 117.3368 Indian rupees

I guess. Forget it. 🙂

----------

Exclusive to eXpansys in the UK, the brand new Android 2.0 Motorola MILESTONE is available to order today!

----------

Nokia N900 in USA...

Nokia N900 Unlocked Maemo Internet Tablet/3G Phone, Panoramic Desktop, 32GB + 16GB slot, Nokia Messaging Push Email, 5MP Camera, A-GPS, T-mobile 3G - 002L929 - Buy.com

$759.99 (WTH! It was around USD 500 on Black Friday. 😀 )

Rs 35050 Never Mind again.

----------

i should have placed the order on black friday itself. Nokia N900 for Rs. 23000 was a great deal looking at these prices. 🙁

yea heh @ silly prices... im hoping i at least get to play with some demo pieces in the stores here 😀