Motorola Defy 3g Settings help..

thedemon99

[OP]
Regulars
Jun 6, 2011
Hey guys got a new motorola defy can any one help with activating 3g its mtnl mumbai card...also am in roam so do tell how to turn internet off. plz help will be thankful...

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
Goto Menu >> Settings >> Wireless and Network >> There you can turn mobile data on/off and switch between 2g and 3g.

thedemon99

[OP]
Regulars
Jun 6, 2011
i have kept network selection(3g/2g) on autoand where to turn on off data couldnt find it

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
Isn't there any column like Data enabled etc.? Also try switching from 2G/3G to 3G only if you want a 3G signal.or try this, press the power button for two seconds, do you get a popup with options turn off and switch data off?

thedemon99

[OP]
Regulars
Jun 6, 2011
is this setting correctname -MTNLapn-gprsppsmumproxy-172.16.39.10port-9401username-mtnlinternet still not workingpassword-mtnl123authentication-pap

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
weird. stock android does not have an auto option. and i do not think there is an option to disable edge. you need to use some third party utility which would create a fake APN and switch to it when you tell it to disable GPRS.

thedemon99

[OP]
Regulars
Jun 6, 2011
Isn't there any column like Data enabled etc.?

Also try switching from 2G/3G to 3G only if you want a 3G signal.

or try this, press the power button for two seconds, do you get a popup with options turn off and switch data off?
no data enabled column...
and am out of 3g coverage hoping atleast edge would work

----------

weird. stock android does not have an auto option.

and i do not think there is an option to disable edge. you need to use some third party utility which would create a fake APN and switch to it when you tell it to disable GPRS.
Ok..but first i need to get it working

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
No idea about settings, post about it in the MTNL section.

Install Juicedefender(free from the market) then. Goto homescreen and you can create a widget with which you can switch data on/off with a single click.

and i do not think there is an option to disable edge. you need to use some third party utility which would create a fake APN and switch to it when you tell it to disable GPRS.

Both these options were there in stock Samsung ROM as well as Cyanogenmod so i presumed they would be there in Android by default.

thedemon99

[OP]
Regulars
Jun 6, 2011
No idea about settings, post about it in the MTNL section.

Install Juicedefender(free from the market) then. Goto homescreen and you can create a widget with which you can switch data on/off with a single click.
Thanks for the app...and i think am in mtnl section only