Motorola brings us up to date with Android upgrade schedule, DROID Bionic finally seeing ICS

Nishant

::IBF Addict::
[OP]
Regulars
Jul 15, 2009
Ulhasnagar, MH
Motorola refreshes upgrade schedule with DROID Bionic front and center

Some points that matters to me:

[*]Motorola Defy+ as expected will remain on 2.3, phone now with my sis.
[*]
[*]ICS update for Motorola Electrify that I bought recently had been planned for Q4 2012, which now shows 'Further plans coming soon' :angry ():
Hope they skip ICS and give us Jelly Bean. Phone is more than capable of running it.
[/list]
Motorola official link:
https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

Nishant

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 15, 2009
Ulhasnagar, MH
F*** Moto. And someone please kick my a** for selecting Moto again :anger3:. They've cancelled ICS upgrade for Atrix 4G and Photon 4G/Electrify.

gadgetcrazy

Regulars
Regulars
Aug 14, 2006
Root is the way to go. I am giving another 15 days for my samsung. If there is no JB by then, root and cm10 it will be.

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
And people thought Google taking over Motorola would improve their policies. At least Samsung keeps the bootloader unlocked so that if any phone is abandoned there is a good chance there will be a custom ROM.

gadgetcrazy

Regulars
Regulars
Aug 14, 2006
That is one reason I went for S3 and did not wait for Razr Maxx. Once bitten twice shy.

Hasn't jb been released for the s3 in certain markets?

Apart from Poland, No. I dont think it has surfaced anywhere.

Nishant

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 15, 2009
Ulhasnagar, MH
Go to hell Moto. I unlocked bootloader of my Motorola Electrify, installed CWM, and flashed CM10 along with a custom kernel, mission accomplished. So far so good. Some bugs here and there, but I don't mind as I don't use the feature in which the bugs are present.