Most BSNL Broadband FTTH Bharat Fiber Plans now have daily FUP limits (Update: 777 & 1277 now have monthly FUP limits)

I don't own FTTH. But, the idea of daily FUP on FTTH is the worst decision in recent times. Do they want every FTTH user to switch to JioFiber?! It seems that JioFiber may be launched in a couple of months. I still remember the day when BSNL stopped broadband over WiFi at my place and nearby places just before the Jio 4g launch. I guess JioFiber would be launched before May 1.

Last edited:
@pothi apparently Jio gigafiber also has daily FUP plans but they will also offer monthly plans as well.

That's true. However, I am sure that the cost of those daily FUP plans in JioFiber would be much less than BSNL's, to make the decision easier to switch.

Best part is that they have done this without any notification/intimation by email or SMS or anything like that. Most people might not even know this limitation. Even the next bill might show the same plan name "Fibro Combo ULD 1277" so even after looking at the bill people wont realise this change.

I logged into selfcare and it shows "25 GB Plan" in one area (current services) and if I go to "change/add service" section it shows the existing 1277 plan name.

Again, fucking bastards!

So I filed a complaint on PG Portal regarding this daily 25GB FUP shite - asking to restore to previous monthly quota system. As if they will care.

Also sent them a tweet and message on facebook.

Please others also do this if you care.

I think Daily FUP is beneficial for people who stream a lot and not download. Even with daily FUP 25 GB is less for 100 Mbps connection, it should be at least 35 GB.

I use my connection mostly on the weekends so for the entire weekdays all that data goes waste. And on the weekends I get effectively 50 GB per weekend or only 200 GB per month based on my usage pattern. Sneaky bastards.

It's like I can either watch only 3 hours of 1080p streaming video per day or download stuff but not both.

Maybe they are doing this crap because of heavy downloaders, probably towards the end of every month, these people realise they need to finish up their quota so they start full downloads and clog the system, hence daily quota is needed. Bloody leechers.

Best part is that they have done this without any notification/intimation by email or SMS or anything like that. Most people might not even know this limitation. Even the next bill might show the same plan name "Fibro Combo ULD 1277" so even after looking at the bill people wont realise this change.

Exactly. It will take a couple of months or so for the people to realise the changes and to get frustrated with BSNL. That's the exact moment Jio has been waiting for. All frustrated BSNL users would jump ship almost immediately upon the Jio entry. Most gamers and younger generation don't care about security. Those who care about security and privacy must already know how to safeguard. Even with China's great wall, there are so many people who have been continuing to do their work.

I am not supporting Jio. Just angry with BSNL for their stupid decisions just before Jio's entry.

Daily limit on Fiber specific plans is just plain stupid! I would be so pissed off if they changed my current plan to daily limit. As of now it's still unchanged but I wouldn't keep my hopes high knowing BSNL's antics. Sucks that there is no other high speed provider in my area and the LCO is only providing BSNL for now. These babus have zero idea what the customers want.

-- dead tinypic image removed --

@thehitman47 what plan is this? 150 mbps and 1.5 TB limit? Cost per month? Which city/area?

Oh nevermind, I see in another thread that you are in Bangalore circle and plan is 1999 per month. Lucky you. Hope they don't make this also daily FUP.